Jurgen Klopp admits he is planning to hold talks with Daniel Sturridge at the end of the season to decide his future at Liverpool.
Sturridge, who missed Monday's 3-1 loss to Leicester through illness, has started only five Premier League games this season and nine in total.
The 27-year-old has managed just two league goals this season - eight Liverpool players have scored more - and six overall.
Klopp admits he may have to overhaul a Liverpool squad that has struggled to find any consistency in 2017 and Sturridge could headline the list of potential departures.
Sturridge (C) stands alongside Jurgen Klopp (L) as he waits to be substituted
"I have no idea what happens in the summer. It is not only Daniel but a lot of players," Klopp said.
"Daniel was not in training for eight or nine days because of a virus infection. We have to bring him back to the best shape possible and then bring this season to an end as successfully as possible.
"Then we will make decisions and speak about Daniel and any other players about what will happen at the end of the season.
"A lot of things will influence this and we can speak about it when it is time."
Liverpool will attempt to bounce back from their defeat to Leicester when they welcome Arsenal to Anfield on Saturday.
The fixture is an important one in the race to secure a lucrative top-four finish and Philippe Coutinho knows Liverpool cannot afford another loss to an Arsenal side who come into the game having lost three of their past five matches.
"We are disappointed because we wanted to win to get points for the fight for top four. It was not possible. We look to Arsenal," Coutinho said.
"We are in the race. Every game is important [and] we have to start winning."
Latest Nigeria News
- FIFA threatens to bar Spain from World Cup
- Morata cannot be compared to Drogba – Conte
- Ligue 1: Neymar ready to face Rennes says Emery
- NBB of C endorses Anthony Joshua’s planned homecoming
- AC Milan faces UEFA financial fair-play penalties
- Walker needs brains, says Guardiola
- Premier League weekend team news: Injuries and suspensions update
- Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid's Club World Cup final vs. Gremo is '50/50'
- Mkhitaryan future doubt after Mou row
- Record-breaker Guardiola relishes Tottenham test
- Man United’s Bailly set for ankle surgery
- Jose Mourinho open to adding to Manchester United squad in January
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City can still get 'much, much better'
- Poch's plan to stop City juggernaut
- Kylian Mbappe, ‘the revelation of football’ — Maradona
- BREAKING: Brazilian football chief, Del Nero, given 90-day ban
- Valencia confident Manchester United won't recall Andreas Pereira in January
- Transfer Rater: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, Willian to Manchester United
- Not a problem if Antoine Griezmann asks to leave Atletico - Diego Simeone
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho says Eric Bailly out for two to three months
- Wenger desperate for win in race for Champions League places
- Five things to look out for in La Liga
- WATCH: Premier League in 90 seconds
- Romelu Lukaku right not to celebrate goal against Bournemouth - Phil Neville
- Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez not thinking about Real Madrid return
- Manchester City to set to sign a centre-back in January - sources
- Wenger: No Ozil move to Man United in January, Wilshere talks to come
- Man City can match 'Invincibles' but Arsenal did it without money - Wenger
- Can Spurs get at Man City?
- Man City on top of Power Rankings
- Tottenham can outplay Manchester City - Harry Winks
- Man United eye Chelsea's Willian, expecting winter Mkhitaryan bids
- Dominic Solanke: 'Annoying' that ref changed his mind on Liverpool goal
- Man City chasing Bayern for longest winning run in Europe's top 5 leagues
- Oliver Kahn regrets not signing for Man United from Bayern Munich
- FA wants Man United's Jose Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Ogun moves to save MKO, Muda Lawal stadiums
- FA asks Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Mourinho reveals Bailly could be out for season
- Manchester City hailed as Premier League greats