The 14th GOtv Boxing Night will hold at the National Stadium, Lagos, on April 14, organisers have announced. The announcement was made at a press conference in Lagos on Tuesday.
The event returns to the National Stadium, Lagos, after it was staged at the Landmark Centre in December.
GOtv Boxing Night 14 will feature seven bouts, including the African Boxing Union featherweight title bout between Nigeria’s Waidi ‘Skoro’ Usman and Michael ‘Shaka’ Nyawade of Kenya. Usman lost a bid to win the title to Edward Kakembo of Uganda in 2015.
“I lost the last time I had a shot at the African title and I apologise to my fans. This time, it’s going to be a different ball game. I want to put a smile on the faces of my fans and Nigerians by beating the Kenyan and winning the ABU featherweight title,” Usman stated.
The event will also feature the West African Boxing Union welterweight title bout between Rilwan ‘Babyface’ Babatunde and Djossou ‘Agoy’ Basile of the Republic of Benin.
Another title fight lined up will see Kazeem ‘Ijoba’ Badmus take on Rilwan ‘Real One’ Oladosu for the national lightweight title. The other fights will have Sulaimon Adeosun confront Ramon Adedoyin in a national light heavyweight challenge, Chukwuebuka ‘Wise King’ Ezewudo up against Kazeem Nofiu in a national welterweight challenge contest, while Prince ‘Lion’ Nwoye battles Oto ‘Joe Boy’ Joseph. Abiodun ‘Finito’ Afini and Ramon ‘Hyena’ Razak will also slug it out in a national cruiserweight challenge bout.
The best boxer at the event will go home with N1m cash prize attached to the Mojisola Ogunsanya Memorial Trophy.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: theeditor[email protected]
Latest Nigeria News
- FA Cup win would not change Tottenham, Pochettino says
- Thiem stuns Djokovic to reach Monte Carlo quarter-finals
- FIFA punishes five clubs over player deals
- You deserve all my respect, Guardiola tells Man City players, staff
- PSG in contact with Paul Pogba agent over Manchester United transfer - source
- Wenger confident Wilshere will sign new Arsenal deal
- Chelsea’s Alonso gets three-match ban
- Wrestling: Nigeria’s Adekuoroye eyes more gold medal in world championship
- Atletico Madrid's Keidi Bare gets nine-game ban for foul-mouthed referee rant
- Spurs need FA Cup, Mourinho wants it more
- Arsenal's Arsene Wenger not concerned by empty seats, low attendance
- Transfer Rater: Christian Eriksen to Barcelona, Jack Wilshere to Wolves
- Barcelona vs. Real Madrid Camp Nou Clasico confirmed for May 6
- Premier League's most creative star to be honoured with new Playmaker award
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United too inconsistent to win Premier League
- Sterling hungry for more after Man City Premier League win
- Igali secures Commonwealth wrestling post
- Onyekuru set to force his way into World Cup squad
- Amazons beat Pelican Stars 3-0
- 24 schools for Zenith Bank/Ikoyi Club swimming
- Poor showing: Nigeria set to lose continental football slots
- Mbappe scores brace as PSG seal French Cup final spot
- Parker fires back at regretting Joshua
- Coach demands 23 months’ salary from Saraki Boys
- Plateau Utd blame defenders
- Gor Mahia edge Supersport to reach group stage
- Video assistant referee decisions at World Cup to have written explanations
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho praises 'positive' display at Bournemouth
- Top-club Chelsea harder to manage than Burnley - Antonio Conte
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool target rising Wolverhampton star Ruben Neves
- 2018 World Cup: Pinnick promises Eagles $24m, if Nigeria wins
- Cech tells Gunners to set their sights on unbeaten run
- Man City could dominate for years, says Conte
- EPL: Man United back on track as Mourinho wields axe
- English Premier League table
- Hilal survive Uyo scare to go through with Enyimba
- Yanga seal spot despite Hawassa loss
- Rayon makes history with group stage berth
- Newcomers dominate group stage line-up
- Man United ease past Bournemouth as Chris Smalling, Romelu Lukaku net