The 14th GOtv Boxing Night will hold at the National Stadium, Lagos, on April 14, organisers have announced. The announcement was made at a press conference in Lagos on Tuesday.
The event returns to the National Stadium, Lagos, after it was staged at the Landmark Centre in December.
GOtv Boxing Night 14 will feature seven bouts, including the African Boxing Union featherweight title bout between Nigeria’s Waidi ‘Skoro’ Usman and Michael ‘Shaka’ Nyawade of Kenya. Usman lost a bid to win the title to Edward Kakembo of Uganda in 2015.
“I lost the last time I had a shot at the African title and I apologise to my fans. This time, it’s going to be a different ball game. I want to put a smile on the faces of my fans and Nigerians by beating the Kenyan and winning the ABU featherweight title,” Usman stated.
The event will also feature the West African Boxing Union welterweight title bout between Rilwan ‘Babyface’ Babatunde and Djossou ‘Agoy’ Basile of the Republic of Benin.
Another title fight lined up will see Kazeem ‘Ijoba’ Badmus take on Rilwan ‘Real One’ Oladosu for the national lightweight title. The other fights will have Sulaimon Adeosun confront Ramon Adedoyin in a national light heavyweight challenge, Chukwuebuka ‘Wise King’ Ezewudo up against Kazeem Nofiu in a national welterweight challenge contest, while Prince ‘Lion’ Nwoye battles Oto ‘Joe Boy’ Joseph. Abiodun ‘Finito’ Afini and Ramon ‘Hyena’ Razak will also slug it out in a national cruiserweight challenge bout.
The best boxer at the event will go home with N1m cash prize attached to the Mojisola Ogunsanya Memorial Trophy.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: theeditor[email protected]
Latest Nigeria News
- Gregory van der Wiel to leave Toronto FC after training camp bust-up with Greg Vanney - source
- Transfer Talk: Martin Skriniar dismisses talk of Manchester United move
- Barcelona boss Valverde defends Messi omission in Copa del Rey defeat
- Malcom, Philippe Coutinho both struggle again as Barca dig another Copa del Rey hole
- Nicol: De Jong good enough to play straight away
- Higuain will score goals, but is that enough?
- Dani Alves, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting both 7/10 but Neymar injured in PSG's cup win
- Portland Timbers pursuing Tigres striker Julian Quinones - source
- Central Coast Mariners sign former Reading star Jem Karacan
- Jets weather late Mariners storm
- Sydney FC hold on for all three points
- Adelaide and Perth settle for goalless draw
- Berhalter hopeful young USMNT will absorb new concepts
- AC Milan sign Krzysztof Piatek as replacement for Chelsea's Gonzalo Higuain
- Balotelli hoping to thrive under Marseille's big expectations
- Phil Neville: Lionesses among the World Cup favourites
- Fulham Aboubakar Kamara arrested for incident at training ground - reports
- Could Diawara step up should Allan join PSG?
- Landon Donovan returns to professional soccer with San Diego Sockers in arena league
- Aguero adds to Man City's aggregate lead
- For most clubs, losing a star like Frenkie De Jong would be a killer. For Ajax, it's their business model
- Barcelona sign Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for ¬75m, joins in summer
- CAF host Continental Seminar for Technical Directors in Cairo
- Beckham: I have such fond memories of Salford
- Henry: Monaco owners will decide my future
- Higuain to sign for Chelsea: Sarri says Milan problems not a 'failure'
- Beckham joins Class of 92 teammates at Salford City
- Pochettino: Alli injury blow comes at 'worst moment' for Tottenham
- Aaron Ramsey leaving Arsenal 'comfort zone' for Juventus - Ryan Giggs
- Ballack: Hazard is a little too calm at Chelsea
- Do Ajax have the best academy in world football?
- Giggs: Juventus' quality will improve Ramsey
- For most clubs, losing top talent is a killer. For Ajax, it's their business model
- Man United charity auction: Solskjaer's watch raises twice as much as Mourinho's
- Eric Bailly from Manchester United to Arsenal 'impossible' in January - source
- Was it wrong for Man City to beat Burton 9-0? Or are critics missing the point of football?
- Banyana Banyana, Sweden share spoils in Cape Town
- Nigeria name Flying Eagles squad for Niger 2019
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid to beat Man City to £90m Paulo Dybala
- Rumour Rater: Arsenal eye Gelson Martins on loan; PSG want Julian Weigl