Former Niger Tornadoes coach Abubakar Bala was on Tuesday named Kwara United manager.
The post became vacant following the exit of former Flying Eagles coach John Obuh from the struggling Ilorin Premier League side on Monday.
Kwara confirmed on their official Twitter account that Flying Eagles assistant coach Bala had taken up the reins as the new coach of the Harmony Warriors.
“The former Niger Tornadoes coach has been appointed as the new T.A of @KwaraUnitedFC,” the club wrote.
The club also confirmed that Bala, who reportedly attracted interest from Gombe United and Heartland, would be unveiled at the Indoor Hall of Kwara State Stadium Complex in Ilorin on Wednesday.
Kwara are rooted to the bottom of the Premier League on 11 points from 12 matches, and Bala, who was sent packing by Minna outfit Tornadoes after guiding them to the final of the Aiteo Cup last season, has vowed to save his new team from relegation.
“I was offered a one-year deal and I agreed to terms with the team on Monday and I will travel to Ilorin for the unveiling and contract signing on Wednesday,” Goal quoted Bala as saying.
“It is an honour to coach a reputable club like Kwara United and I’m looking forward to making the best of it.
“I believe that I have the experience and the capacity to take the team out of their current position. It is no doubt a tough task but I think nothing is impossible.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
Latest Nigeria News
- Sanchez admits to rough start at Man United
- CAF Champions League group draw
- Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann: Future will be decided before World Cup
- Ousmane Dembele needs right attitude to make it at Barcelona - Xavi
- Javi Martinez: Spain boss Julen Lopetegui hasn't explained squad snub to me
- Prosecutor seeks five-year jail for Xabi Alonso over tax fraud
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw being monitored by Everton - sources
- 'Outrageous' dive by Chilean player set to lead to punishment
- Transfer Rater: Hector Bellerin to Manchester United, Nabil Fekir to Arsenal
- Man United discuss song sheets to boost Old Trafford atmosphere at fan forum
- Xabi Alonso tax fraud case: Spanish prosecutors seek five-year sentence
- Usman targets ABU title at GOtv Boxing Night
- Nigerians suffer humiliating defeats at Lagos Squash Classics
- Why I’m the best in the world – Ronaldo
- Mikel doubtful, Etebo out as Moses, Ighalo hit Poland
- I would like to play with Neymar – Pogba
- World Cup squads: Who is on the plane to Russia, and who is in limbo?
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo asked about life in China - Luiz Felipe Scolari
- Brazil, PSG doctors in 'total harmony' on Neymar injury - Rodrigo Lasmar
- Starbucks food, sweeteners banned at England team hotel - source
- Transfer Rater: Mohamed Salah to Barcelona, Aaron Ramsey to Manchester United
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea among many interested in Toby Alderweireld
- Ronaldo's 2002 World Cup haircut was a deliberate distraction
- Man United's Luke Shaw can still be among 'best in the world' - Ashley Young
- Lionel Messi trains with Argentina teammates at Manchester City facility
- Putting Ronaldo's form into context
- Messi joins Argentina training ahead of Italy clash
- From non-league to World Cup, Pope dreams of keeping for England
- French Open champions to receive record €2.2m
- Pogba misses France training
- CAF Confederation Cup play-offs draw seeding
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record