Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho left Paul Pogba on the bench once more for Tuesday’s Champions League last 16, second leg against Sevilla with Marouane Fellaini making a surprise return instead.
Pogba, who joined United for a then world record £89 million ($116 million) from Juventus in 2016, sat out Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool due to injury and had been dropped by Mourinho for the first leg in Spain three weeks ago that ended 0-0.
Fellaini only returned from a five-week injury layoff for the final 20 minutes against Liverpool, but is preferred to Scott McTominay in one of two changes from the weekend as Jesse Lingard also replaces Juan Mata.
Marcus Rashford is rewarded for scoring twice on his first Premier League start of the year, while Alexis Sanchez keeps his place despite netting just once in nine appearances since joining from Arsenal in January.
Sevilla make one enforced change from the first leg as the injured Jesus Navas is replaced by Simon Kjaer.
The Danish defender is expected to slot into his natural position in central defence with Argentine international Gabriel Mercado moving to right-back.
Manchester United (4-2-3-1)
David de Gea; Antonio Valencia (capt), Chris Smalling, Eric Bailly, Ashley Young; Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Matic; Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford; Romelu Lukaku
Coach: Jose Mourinho (POR)
Sergio Rico; Gabriel Mercado, Simon Kjaer, Clement Lenglet, Sergio Escudero (capt); Ever Banega, Steven N’Zonzi; Pablo Sarabia, Franco Vazquez, Joaquin Correa; Luis Muriel
Coach: Vincenzo Montella (ITA)
Referee: Danny Makkelie (NED)
Latest Nigeria News
- Sanchez admits to rough start at Man United
- CAF Champions League group draw
- Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann: Future will be decided before World Cup
- Ousmane Dembele needs right attitude to make it at Barcelona - Xavi
- Javi Martinez: Spain boss Julen Lopetegui hasn't explained squad snub to me
- Prosecutor seeks five-year jail for Xabi Alonso over tax fraud
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw being monitored by Everton - sources
- 'Outrageous' dive by Chilean player set to lead to punishment
- Transfer Rater: Hector Bellerin to Manchester United, Nabil Fekir to Arsenal
- Man United discuss song sheets to boost Old Trafford atmosphere at fan forum
- Xabi Alonso tax fraud case: Spanish prosecutors seek five-year sentence
- Usman targets ABU title at GOtv Boxing Night
- Nigerians suffer humiliating defeats at Lagos Squash Classics
- Why I’m the best in the world – Ronaldo
- Mikel doubtful, Etebo out as Moses, Ighalo hit Poland
- I would like to play with Neymar – Pogba
- World Cup squads: Who is on the plane to Russia, and who is in limbo?
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo asked about life in China - Luiz Felipe Scolari
- Brazil, PSG doctors in 'total harmony' on Neymar injury - Rodrigo Lasmar
- Starbucks food, sweeteners banned at England team hotel - source
- Transfer Rater: Mohamed Salah to Barcelona, Aaron Ramsey to Manchester United
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea among many interested in Toby Alderweireld
- Ronaldo's 2002 World Cup haircut was a deliberate distraction
- Man United's Luke Shaw can still be among 'best in the world' - Ashley Young
- Lionel Messi trains with Argentina teammates at Manchester City facility
- Putting Ronaldo's form into context
- Messi joins Argentina training ahead of Italy clash
- From non-league to World Cup, Pope dreams of keeping for England
- French Open champions to receive record €2.2m
- Pogba misses France training
- CAF Confederation Cup play-offs draw seeding
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record