Superstar Neymar has a future at Paris Saint-Germain, his father said Tuesday after meeting with the club’s president amid rumours that the player wants to quit PSG.
“Neymar already has a future at PSG, Neymar already has a present at PSG,” Neymar Santos Sr told journalists at his son’s charity centre, the Neymar Junior Institute, in Praia Grande, Sao Paulo state.
The Neymars were accompanied by PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who earlier visited the star at his luxury home near Brazil’s coast, where he is recuperating from surgery.
The world’s most expensive player fractured a bone in his right foot on February 25 and faces weeks of recovery following surgery in early March.
Unconfirmed media reports have been swirling in Europe that Neymar has grown disenchanted with PSG, who crashed out of the Champions League to Real Madrid in the last 16 as the forward missed last week’s second leg, and wants to return to Barcelona or even join Real.
But Al-Kehlaifi also sought to pour cold water on the rumours, saying Neymar “is happy, highly motivated and excited to come back as soon as possible.”
Neymar is “doing his best to come back as soon as possible…. He’s in good shape.”
Brazilian team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar has said that the 26-year-old — who left Barcelona after PSG paid his 222 million-euro ($264 million) buyout clause last August — will need at least two and a half months, maybe three, to return to action.
Brazil’s national team are hoping he will be back to full fitness in time to help lead them at the World Cup starting in Russia on June 14.
Latest Nigeria News
- Dominika Cibulkova knocks Halep out of Wuhan Open
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- VIDEO: Nigeria’s D’Tigress thrash Argentina
- Oxford United 0-3 Man City: Mahrez scoring continues
- West Brom 0-3 Crystal Palace: Townsend dazzles
- Inter Milan 2-1 Fiorentina: D'Ambrosio delivers for Nerazzurri
- Tottenham's new stadium to be ready before Christmas - Mauricio Pochettino
- Phil Foden 9/10 as Man City rout Oxford United in Carabao Cup
- Derby County knock out Man United, increase the pressure on Jose Mourinho
- Inter Milan earn lucky win against Fiorentina despite second-half lapse
- Can Harare City's Muyambo become Zimbabwe's next great defensive midfielder?
- Manchester United 2-2 Derby County: Derby through on penalties
- Manchester City teenager Phil Foden can star for club for 10 years - Pep Guardiola
- Real Madrid’s midfielder to miss derby due to appendix surgery
- Sarri will help Hazard reach his potential, insists Zola
- Chelsea are realistic title contenders –Liverpool’s Klopp
- Andy Murray wins first round at Shenzhen Open
- Newcastle boss Benitez charged over ref comments
- Nigeria to move Libya clash to Uyo
- Young Galaxy fan delivers impressive national anthem
- Jose Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again - sources
- Messi is the greatest ever despite The Best snub, says Samuel Eto'o
- Barcelona's Ernesto Valverde: Award shows turning football into 'show business'
- FIFA to introduce reforms for transfers, loans once they receive approval
- Hislop: No end to Mourinho-Pogba feud
- Mourinho's marvels past & present
- Transfer Rater: Real eyeing Fekir? Sane to Juventus?
- Serie A Predictor: Roma and Milan to halt slide?
- Run NFF as modern football organisation, Balogun advises Pinnick
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- Manchester United expect higher revenue, core earnings for 2019
- Players have times they don’t score, Klopp defends Salah
- Wozniacki, Kerber off to fast start at Wuhan Open
- Cousin appointed sole Gabon coach after Aubameyang’s father rejects job
- 2018 Maritime Cup starts
- Police athletics trials set to hold
- Modric named world’s best,ends Ronaldo-Messi reign
- Stoke star fathers three children in six weeks
- Joshua reveals illness
- Red Bulls' Robles & Davis showcase FIFA 19 skills