Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has visited injured superstar Neymar at his luxury home in Brazil amid rumors swirling about the striker’s intention to quit PSG.
The star’s father, Neymar Santos Sr, posted pictures late Monday of the meeting on Instagram. “Visit of the day at @neymarjr! Thanks @PSG,” he wrote.
In one picture, Neymar gives the thumb’s up, flanked by Al-Khelaifi and his father. Another picture shows the club president with Antero Henrique, sports director at PSG, and Jean-Martial Ribes, the club spokesman.
On Tuesday they were expected to visit Neymar’s charity center, the Neymar Junior Institute, in Praia Grande, Sao Paulo state.
The world’s most expensive player broke a bone in his right foot on February 25 and faces weeks of recuperation following surgery in early March.
Unconfirmed media reports are swirling in Europe that Neymar has also grown disenchanted with PSG, who crashed out of the Champions League as the forward missed the second leg on March 6, and wants to return to Barcelona or even join rivals Real Madrid.
Brazil’s national team is hoping the striker will be back to full fitness in time to help lead the campaign at the World Cup starting in Russia on June 14.
Latest Nigeria News
- I won’t box again if I had Povetkin’s doping issues –Joshua
- Nwakali joins Porto on loan
- Rapes and beatings: The travails of S’Korea’s young athletes
- ‘We aren’t under pressure to win Lagos badminton’
- Aremu joins F’Eagles for Mauritania clash
- 2018 COSAFA Under-17 Championships – DAY 1 WRAP DAY 2 PREVIEW
- Fabinho jokes he'll get Kylian Mbappe to swap PSG for Liverpool
- Pogba's France role no good at United
- Sanchez gets visa to join Manchester United’s US tour
- With 11.4m responses, Ronaldo’s Instagram post becomes fifth most liked of all time
- Jorginho vows to bring fresh style to Chelsea
- Robson: Mourinho took a dig at Pogba in press conference
- Liverpool seal deal for Alisson in world-record goalkeeper transfer
- Cheery up, Mourinho!
- Hislop: Usain Bolt to the A-League is a marketing ploy
- Wilshere hoping to boost England chances with West Ham move
- French World Cup ace Pavard may join Bayern before new season
- Liverpool close in on record €75m deal for Brazil’s Alisson
- Cristiano Ronaldo move to Juventus influenced by Spain tax rate - La Liga chief
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Paul Pogba answered Manchester United critics at World Cup
- Liverpool giving medical to Alisson ahead of 'significant' transfer - Monchi
- Leicester City in talks with Liverpool goalkeeper Danny Ward - source
- Zinedine Zidane has never been considered as France coach - FFF boss
- Petr Cech fully focused on Arsenal, no Chelsea offers on table - agent
- Mourinho worried by Man United’s ‘very bad’ pre-season
- Balogun eager to kickoff new EPL campaign with Brighton
- ‘We have to collect their bones’: Klopp fears post-World Cup injury woe
- Arsenal youngster Nwakali joins Porto on loan
- French envoy angry at joke that ‘Africa won the World Cup’
- Transfer Talk LIVE: Chelsea and Milan in Alvaro Morata, Gianluigi Donnarumma swap
- Guikan brace sends Gor flying past Yanga
- Transfer Talk LIVE: Manchester United lining up Robert Lewandowski, Thiago moves
- Spending 22 years at Arsenal, my biggest mistake –Wenger
- Athletes kick as AFN hands off domestic competitions
- Russia 2018 Tit Bits: A lesson for African (mis)leaders
- Joshua ready to prove his worth against Povetkin
- Enyimba beat Williamsville 1-0 in Confed Cup
- AYG: Nigeria draw Morocco, Libya in football
- Turkey, Hungary, United States clubs join Central Coast Mariners' race to sign Usain Bolt
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United lining up Robert Lewandowski, Thiago moves