Barcelona are prepared to hand Lionel Messi a record-breaking bonus when he signs a new deal at the Nou Camp, Mirror.co.uk reports.
The Argentine is out of contract at the end of the season and is yet to put pen to paper on an extension.
Last month, Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu insisted the only thing missing was his signature after agreeing a new £500,000-a-week deal.
And Catalan paper L’Ara report Barca will hand Messi a bonus between £79m and £85m when he agrees his contract.
With Messi having fired Argentina to World Cup glory this week, he has opened the window to sign his contract during the next break in November.
Barca could pay for the deal with help from a new Nike deal and a stadium sponsor for the Nou Camp.
They are preparing for a £500m renovation of the iconic venue, where the capacity will be increased to an incredible 105,000 by the end of the 2021/22 season.
Sport reports that Barca have already began negotiations with global companies over the possibility of taking the rights.
The Catalan giants are hoping for in excess of £179m in a deal.
Meanwhile, Sergio Aguero has said he would Messi to join him at Man City but acknowledged that it would be difficult for his compatriot to leave Barcelona.
Latest Nigeria News
- FIFA threatens to bar Spain from World Cup
- Morata cannot be compared to Drogba – Conte
- Ligue 1: Neymar ready to face Rennes says Emery
- NBB of C endorses Anthony Joshua’s planned homecoming
- AC Milan faces UEFA financial fair-play penalties
- Walker needs brains, says Guardiola
- Premier League weekend team news: Injuries and suspensions update
- Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid's Club World Cup final vs. Gremo is '50/50'
- Mkhitaryan future doubt after Mou row
- Record-breaker Guardiola relishes Tottenham test
- Man United’s Bailly set for ankle surgery
- Jose Mourinho open to adding to Manchester United squad in January
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City can still get 'much, much better'
- Poch's plan to stop City juggernaut
- Kylian Mbappe, ‘the revelation of football’ — Maradona
- BREAKING: Brazilian football chief, Del Nero, given 90-day ban
- Valencia confident Manchester United won't recall Andreas Pereira in January
- Transfer Rater: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, Willian to Manchester United
- Not a problem if Antoine Griezmann asks to leave Atletico - Diego Simeone
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho says Eric Bailly out for two to three months
- Wenger desperate for win in race for Champions League places
- Five things to look out for in La Liga
- WATCH: Premier League in 90 seconds
- Romelu Lukaku right not to celebrate goal against Bournemouth - Phil Neville
- Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez not thinking about Real Madrid return
- Manchester City to set to sign a centre-back in January - sources
- Wenger: No Ozil move to Man United in January, Wilshere talks to come
- Man City can match 'Invincibles' but Arsenal did it without money - Wenger
- Can Spurs get at Man City?
- Man City on top of Power Rankings
- Tottenham can outplay Manchester City - Harry Winks
- Man United eye Chelsea's Willian, expecting winter Mkhitaryan bids
- Dominic Solanke: 'Annoying' that ref changed his mind on Liverpool goal
- Man City chasing Bayern for longest winning run in Europe's top 5 leagues
- Oliver Kahn regrets not signing for Man United from Bayern Munich
- FA wants Man United's Jose Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Ogun moves to save MKO, Muda Lawal stadiums
- FA asks Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Mourinho reveals Bailly could be out for season
- Manchester City hailed as Premier League greats