Enyioha Opara, Minna
NIGER State Ministry of Youths and Sports has confirmed that the Bako Kontagora Stadium in Minna will be ready for the new Premier League season.
The stadium is the home ground of the state-owned club Niger Tornadoes.
Director of Facilities in the ministry, Mr. Fred Isiah, made the confirmation in his office on Thursday.
Isiah said the League Management Company were impressed by the work do so far at the stadium when they inspected it recently.
He said, “For the pitch they were impressed by the pitch and said the dressing rooms require water to flush and wash the toilets. Also, there are some exits in the stadium that we need block.”
The director added that the ministry was doing everything possible to complete the renovation of the stadium, “before the end of this month”.
He reassured fans of Niger Tornadoes that the team would play their Premier League home games at the stadium next season.
Niger Tornadoes played their home games in Lokoja last season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
Latest Nigeria News
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record
- Akwa v Heartland: Dana promises fans
- Bruno gives Joshua tactical advice for Parker fight
- 2018 could be my last World Cup – Messi
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool set to reject Salah transfer bids from Real, Barca
- Salah leads four-goal phenoms
- NBBF crisis: We’re not afraid of fresh poll – Kida group
- Onazi set for Poland
- 2018 Milo basketball hots up
- Del Potro ends Federer unbeaten run
- Golden League athletes battle AFN over unfulfilled promises
- Pogba can’t be happy at Man United – Deschamps
- Paul Pogba 'cannot be happy' with his situation at Manchester United - Didier Deschamps
- Fiorentina rename training ground after Davide Astori
- Lyon face European ban after UEFA charges
- Former African champions ASEC, V Club flop at home
- Amazing Salah scales new heights with four-goal salvo
- Why Mourinho keeps talking
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah flattered by Lionel Messi comparison
- Lionel Messi hints 2018 could be his last chance to win World Cup
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi: Chocolates and fizzy drinks made me throw up
- Commonwealth Games: Nigeria to leave for Australia March 24
- Joel Obi fit to play for Eagles, says Yusuf
- Man United extend Young’s contract to 2019
- Mohamed Salah leads Lionel Messi in race for European Golden Shoe
- Cristiano Ronaldo 'scores goals, and always will' - Zinedine Zidane
- Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent - PSG's Marco Verratti
- Mourinho eyes Man United clear-out
- Transfer Rater: Wilfred Ndidi to Liverpool, Phil Foden to Real Madrid
- Van Gaal: Man United failed in Lewandowski bid; players were unprofessional
- Man United will back Jose Mourinho to build a team and create 'heritage'... for now
- Mohamed Salah up against Kevin De Bruyne, Harry Kane for Player of Year - Wijnaldum