The Super Eagles will bring glory to Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup in Russia, a former Green Eagles player says.
Adokiye Amiesimaka, a former attacking midfielder, on Thursday in Lagos said that the players had shown commitment to the task ahead.
He said, “I think we are privileged to have youthful, relatively youthful, skilful and committed players. I think we have a crop of players now that should be able to do us proud.
“And most of them, apart from the goalkeeper who is also brilliant and the only home-based player, I gathered all the others are playing in professional teams outside the country.
“And from what I have seen so far, they can hold their own and it’s important, and I’m very impressed that they are all very youthful.
“Apart from the Captain who is still very good and has a lot of experience to back him up; it will be a delight to watch the team play an exciting World Cup in 2018.’’
The Super Eagles clinched the sole ticket for the 2018 Russia World Cup from CAF Group B after a 1-0 win over Chipolopolo of Zambia at Uyo.
Latest Nigeria News
- FIFA threatens to bar Spain from World Cup
- Morata cannot be compared to Drogba – Conte
- Ligue 1: Neymar ready to face Rennes says Emery
- NBB of C endorses Anthony Joshua’s planned homecoming
- AC Milan faces UEFA financial fair-play penalties
- Walker needs brains, says Guardiola
- Premier League weekend team news: Injuries and suspensions update
- Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid's Club World Cup final vs. Gremo is '50/50'
- Mkhitaryan future doubt after Mou row
- Record-breaker Guardiola relishes Tottenham test
- Man United’s Bailly set for ankle surgery
- Jose Mourinho open to adding to Manchester United squad in January
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City can still get 'much, much better'
- Poch's plan to stop City juggernaut
- Kylian Mbappe, ‘the revelation of football’ — Maradona
- BREAKING: Brazilian football chief, Del Nero, given 90-day ban
- Valencia confident Manchester United won't recall Andreas Pereira in January
- Transfer Rater: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, Willian to Manchester United
- Not a problem if Antoine Griezmann asks to leave Atletico - Diego Simeone
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho says Eric Bailly out for two to three months
- Wenger desperate for win in race for Champions League places
- Five things to look out for in La Liga
- WATCH: Premier League in 90 seconds
- Romelu Lukaku right not to celebrate goal against Bournemouth - Phil Neville
- Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez not thinking about Real Madrid return
- Manchester City to set to sign a centre-back in January - sources
- Wenger: No Ozil move to Man United in January, Wilshere talks to come
- Man City can match 'Invincibles' but Arsenal did it without money - Wenger
- Can Spurs get at Man City?
- Man City on top of Power Rankings
- Tottenham can outplay Manchester City - Harry Winks
- Man United eye Chelsea's Willian, expecting winter Mkhitaryan bids
- Dominic Solanke: 'Annoying' that ref changed his mind on Liverpool goal
- Man City chasing Bayern for longest winning run in Europe's top 5 leagues
- Oliver Kahn regrets not signing for Man United from Bayern Munich
- FA wants Man United's Jose Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Ogun moves to save MKO, Muda Lawal stadiums
- FA asks Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Mourinho reveals Bailly could be out for season
- Manchester City hailed as Premier League greats