The Super Eagles will bring glory to Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup in Russia, a former Green Eagles player says.
Adokiye Amiesimaka, a former attacking midfielder, on Thursday in Lagos said that the players had shown commitment to the task ahead.
He said, “I think we are privileged to have youthful, relatively youthful, skilful and committed players. I think we have a crop of players now that should be able to do us proud.
“And most of them, apart from the goalkeeper who is also brilliant and the only home-based player, I gathered all the others are playing in professional teams outside the country.
“And from what I have seen so far, they can hold their own and it’s important, and I’m very impressed that they are all very youthful.
“Apart from the Captain who is still very good and has a lot of experience to back him up; it will be a delight to watch the team play an exciting World Cup in 2018.’’
The Super Eagles clinched the sole ticket for the 2018 Russia World Cup from CAF Group B after a 1-0 win over Chipolopolo of Zambia at Uyo.
Latest Nigeria News
- Terriers punish Lindelof, Mata
- Eagles, Argentina friendly for Nov.14
- Quadri, Assar crash out of W’Cup
- Americans use my Olymipic medal to motivate their kids — Yusuf-Olukoju
- Barcelona's Ernesto Valverde keeping faith in Luis Suarez despite misses
- Malaga's Luis Hernandez calls Barcelona's controversial opening goal 'absurd'
- Manchester United preparing January swoop for Valencia's Carlos Soler
- Barcelona win after controversial goal while Valencia thrash Sevilla
- Man City thrash Burnley 3-0
- Nigeria to play Argentina in November
- Mesut Ozil denies Man United links; Barca make final Philippe Coutinho bid
- Man Utd shocked by Huddersfield, City go 5 points clear, Chelsea beat Watford
- Chelsea still in title hunt with dramatic comeback win vs. Watford
- Antonio Conte insists he's not feeling pressure after Chelsea beat Watford
- Man United stunned at Huddersfield
- Jose Mourinho: Man United players must explain lack of desire in defeat
- WATCH: Burley reviews Saturday's action
- Pep Guardiola: Man City's five-point lead not 'significant' in October
- Aguero equals Man City scoring record
- ITTF World Cup: Quadri hopes to avoid World number one Ma Long
- Aruna Quadri crashes out of ITTF World Cup
- BREAKING: Man Utd lose 2-1 at Huddersfield
- English Premier League results
- Mourinho says he is judged harshly because of success
- Luis Suarez to sit out Uruguay friendlies
- Neymar a mentor for Mbappe at PSG says Marquinhos
- Chelsea losing at home to Watford
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez to miss Uruguay friendlies to aid knee recovery
- Diego Simeone: Atletico Madrid will find 'right path' amid struggles
- Barcelona won't leave Spain regardless of Catalonia situation - Bartomeu
- Zinedine Zidane hits back at Gary Lineker over Karim Benzema remarks
- Barcelona planning to offer Lionel Messi 'lifetime' contract - CEO Grau
- EPL: Talk is cheap as Wenger eyes more misery for Everton
- Broadcasters list
- N'Diaye: Mali's natural-born goalscore
- Champions League history can inspire Ahly
- Everton charged by UEFA, ban fan for punch at Lyon player
- Liverpool aren't '500 miles' behind quality of leaders Manchester City
- Olorunleke seeks Confed Cup success
- N4m for grabs at Katsina, Lagos badminton tourneys