The Super Eagles will bring glory to Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup in Russia, a former Green Eagles player says.
Adokiye Amiesimaka, a former attacking midfielder, on Thursday in Lagos said that the players had shown commitment to the task ahead.
He said, “I think we are privileged to have youthful, relatively youthful, skilful and committed players. I think we have a crop of players now that should be able to do us proud.
“And most of them, apart from the goalkeeper who is also brilliant and the only home-based player, I gathered all the others are playing in professional teams outside the country.
“And from what I have seen so far, they can hold their own and it’s important, and I’m very impressed that they are all very youthful.
“Apart from the Captain who is still very good and has a lot of experience to back him up; it will be a delight to watch the team play an exciting World Cup in 2018.’’
The Super Eagles clinched the sole ticket for the 2018 Russia World Cup from CAF Group B after a 1-0 win over Chipolopolo of Zambia at Uyo.
Latest Nigeria News
- Sevilla v Manchester United Champions League fact file
- Sergio Aguero clashes with Wigan fan on pitch, FA likely to investigate
- City must regroup from Wigan shock
- Cristiano Ronaldo nominated for Portuguese Player of the Year award
- Barcelona clash excites Chelsea boss
- Seun, Akuoma, Ngozi set for bobsleigh
- Falcons face Ghana in WAFU Cup semis
- Akeredolu rewards Ondo athletes with cash
- Moses, Oshoala win Aiteo/NFF awards
- City's complacency costs them
- Man United prioritise Real Madrid's Kroos as key summer transfer target
- Lionel Messi, Barcelona aren't invincible - Chelsea's Pedro
- Wigan end Man City's quadruple dreams
- Eintracht Frankfurt fans protest Monday game with tennis ball toss
- Pep Guardiola plays down tunnel row, accepts Fabian Delph red card
- Sergio Aguero appears to clash with Wigan fan on pitch
- Ivan Rakitic 'very' scared Andres Iniesta could leave Barcelona
- Champions League: Bayern give Heynckes selection headache
- Chelsea vs Barcelona Champions League fact file
- Real's win doesn't 'fix' their problems
- LIVE GameCast: Wigan vs. Man City
- Eden Hazard: I'm a 'completely different' player than Lionel Messi
- Antonio Conte: Chelsea are 'prepared to suffer' at Barcelona
- VAR to debut in Africa at Saturday’s Super Cup
- Youssef: Makassa can rewrite the books
- Kenya coach Put resigns after three months
- 100 volunteers quit Olympic, condemn assigned jobs
- VAR goes live for Total CAF Super Cup
- Ahmad, Infantino in Sao Tome
- Kano Pillars defender, Udoji dies in auto crash
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Cameroon, Ghana, join South Africa for Uruguay
- Simba expects tough Gendarmerie reverse
- Boisterous Kotoko eye CARA scalp
- Wolaitta Dicha hoping to breaks on Zimamoto in Hawassa
- Ghana Champions Aduana Stars READY For Al Tahaddy
- Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas: I speak to Barcelona friends less with game coming up
- Eden Hazard happy at Chelsea; leaves door open for exit amid Real Madrid, PSG links
- Transfer Rater: Marcos Rojo to PSG, Kalidou Koulibaly to Arsenal