Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger conceded on Thursday he may have no option but to sell star players Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil in the January transfer window.
The pair are both out of contract at the end of the season and are yet to agree new deals.
As things stand, they will be able to leave the Emirates Stadium for free, meaning January will be Arsenal’s last opportunity to cash in on their two most high-profile players.
“It is possible,” Wenger told a press conference ahead of his side’s trip to Watford on Saturday. “Once you’re in our kind of situation, we have envisaged every solution, yes.”
Asked if Arsenal had set a deadline for contract negotiations with the pair to conclude, Wenger replied: “No. Not at the moment.”
Chile forward Sanchez, 28, joined Arsenal from Barcelona in July 2014, a year after 28-year-old Germany playmaker Ozil’s arrival from Real Madrid.
The signings electrified Arsenal’s fan base, but for all their quality, the duo have thus far been unable to end the club’s 14-year wait for the Premier League title.
Sanchez has been linked with a number of major clubs, among them Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.
Ozil, meanwhile, is reported to have attracted interest from Manchester United, who are managed by his former Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho.
Earlier this week, Ozil’s agent, Erkut Sogut, indicated talks with Arsenal were progressing positively.
“That’s my understanding, yes,” said Wenger.
“I always said the fact that we didn’t find an agreement last year doesn’t mean the player will necessarily leave. Both players look happy here and overall I hope the situation can be turned around.”
Latest Nigeria News
- FIFA threatens to bar Spain from World Cup
- Morata cannot be compared to Drogba – Conte
- Ligue 1: Neymar ready to face Rennes says Emery
- NBB of C endorses Anthony Joshua’s planned homecoming
- AC Milan faces UEFA financial fair-play penalties
- Walker needs brains, says Guardiola
- Premier League weekend team news: Injuries and suspensions update
- Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid's Club World Cup final vs. Gremo is '50/50'
- Mkhitaryan future doubt after Mou row
- Record-breaker Guardiola relishes Tottenham test
- Man United’s Bailly set for ankle surgery
- Jose Mourinho open to adding to Manchester United squad in January
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City can still get 'much, much better'
- Poch's plan to stop City juggernaut
- Kylian Mbappe, ‘the revelation of football’ — Maradona
- BREAKING: Brazilian football chief, Del Nero, given 90-day ban
- Valencia confident Manchester United won't recall Andreas Pereira in January
- Transfer Rater: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, Willian to Manchester United
- Not a problem if Antoine Griezmann asks to leave Atletico - Diego Simeone
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho says Eric Bailly out for two to three months
- Wenger desperate for win in race for Champions League places
- Five things to look out for in La Liga
- WATCH: Premier League in 90 seconds
- Romelu Lukaku right not to celebrate goal against Bournemouth - Phil Neville
- Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez not thinking about Real Madrid return
- Manchester City to set to sign a centre-back in January - sources
- Wenger: No Ozil move to Man United in January, Wilshere talks to come
- Man City can match 'Invincibles' but Arsenal did it without money - Wenger
- Can Spurs get at Man City?
- Man City on top of Power Rankings
- Tottenham can outplay Manchester City - Harry Winks
- Man United eye Chelsea's Willian, expecting winter Mkhitaryan bids
- Dominic Solanke: 'Annoying' that ref changed his mind on Liverpool goal
- Man City chasing Bayern for longest winning run in Europe's top 5 leagues
- Oliver Kahn regrets not signing for Man United from Bayern Munich
- FA wants Man United's Jose Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Ogun moves to save MKO, Muda Lawal stadiums
- FA asks Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Mourinho reveals Bailly could be out for season
- Manchester City hailed as Premier League greats