The Police in Lagos have reportedly arrested Nigerian wrestling champion, Power Uti, over the controversial death of his wife, Toyin.
Toyin was said to have died in their Ilupeju, Lagos home on Monday morning with the wrestling champion discovering her body.
However, instead of taking her to the hospital, Power Uti was alleged to have gone to a church in search of spiritual help.
Police Public Relations Officer, Famous Cole, reportedly confirmed that Power Uti was arrested over the incident and detained at the Ilupeju Police station, adding that he would be transferred to the Criminal Investigative Department, Panti in Lagos on Thursday.
Toyin, 38, until her demise, was a mother of four children who are under the ages of nine. The two were married for 10 years.
Her body had been deposited at the Isolo general hospital, while her four children are with the mother.
Latest Nigeria News
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record
- Akwa v Heartland: Dana promises fans
- Bruno gives Joshua tactical advice for Parker fight
- 2018 could be my last World Cup – Messi
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool set to reject Salah transfer bids from Real, Barca
- Salah leads four-goal phenoms
- NBBF crisis: We’re not afraid of fresh poll – Kida group
- Onazi set for Poland
- 2018 Milo basketball hots up
- Del Potro ends Federer unbeaten run
- Golden League athletes battle AFN over unfulfilled promises
- Pogba can’t be happy at Man United – Deschamps
- Paul Pogba 'cannot be happy' with his situation at Manchester United - Didier Deschamps
- Fiorentina rename training ground after Davide Astori
- Lyon face European ban after UEFA charges
- Former African champions ASEC, V Club flop at home
- Amazing Salah scales new heights with four-goal salvo
- Why Mourinho keeps talking
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah flattered by Lionel Messi comparison
- Lionel Messi hints 2018 could be his last chance to win World Cup
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi: Chocolates and fizzy drinks made me throw up
- Commonwealth Games: Nigeria to leave for Australia March 24
- Joel Obi fit to play for Eagles, says Yusuf
- Man United extend Young’s contract to 2019
- Mohamed Salah leads Lionel Messi in race for European Golden Shoe
- Cristiano Ronaldo 'scores goals, and always will' - Zinedine Zidane
- Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent - PSG's Marco Verratti
- Mourinho eyes Man United clear-out
- Transfer Rater: Wilfred Ndidi to Liverpool, Phil Foden to Real Madrid
- Van Gaal: Man United failed in Lewandowski bid; players were unprofessional
- Man United will back Jose Mourinho to build a team and create 'heritage'... for now
- Mohamed Salah up against Kevin De Bruyne, Harry Kane for Player of Year - Wijnaldum