Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has been named the Premier League Manager of the month for February. The 46-year-old Spaniard was selected for the award ahead of Chelsea boss Antonio Conte, Manchester United's Jose Mourinho and West Brom's Tony Pulis, who all won twice but drew once in February.
Congratulations Pep Guardiola on winning your first @BarclaysFooty Manager of the Month award for FebruaryMore https://t.co/cvLWDYOg4D pic.twitter.com/VjD3oIJDzz — Premier League (@premierleague) March 10, 2017
On his part, Guardiola guided his side to three wins from as many matches, helping City to their current position of third in the table. City began the month with a 4-0 win at West Ham United, then triumphed 2-1 at home to Swansea City thanks to Gabriel Jesus' late goal before they won 2-0 away at Bournemouth. Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet! However, Guardiola’s side struggled to a goalless draw at home to Stoke City on Wednesday night, March 8. This is Pep Guardiola first manager of the month award since he joined Man City last summer. Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspurs striker Harry Kane was also named Player of the Month after banging in four goals in three games for his team last month.
While Chelsea ace Eden Hazard won Goal of the Month for his wonder strike against Arsenal. Hazard ran from inside his own half before firing past Petr Cech as the Blues ran out 3-1 winners against their London rivals.
And after winning the Premier League accolade, the Belgium winger admitted it was “fantastic” – before targeting even more silverware over the next couple of months. He said: “It is always good to win trophies. It is not my most important target to win Goal of the Month, I want to win big trophies at the end of the season."
Latest Nigeria News
- Dominika Cibulkova knocks Halep out of Wuhan Open
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- VIDEO: Nigeria’s D’Tigress thrash Argentina
- Oxford United 0-3 Man City: Mahrez scoring continues
- West Brom 0-3 Crystal Palace: Townsend dazzles
- Inter Milan 2-1 Fiorentina: D'Ambrosio delivers for Nerazzurri
- Tottenham's new stadium to be ready before Christmas - Mauricio Pochettino
- Phil Foden 9/10 as Man City rout Oxford United in Carabao Cup
- Derby County knock out Man United, increase the pressure on Jose Mourinho
- Inter Milan earn lucky win against Fiorentina despite second-half lapse
- Can Harare City's Muyambo become Zimbabwe's next great defensive midfielder?
- Manchester United 2-2 Derby County: Derby through on penalties
- Manchester City teenager Phil Foden can star for club for 10 years - Pep Guardiola
- Real Madrid’s midfielder to miss derby due to appendix surgery
- Sarri will help Hazard reach his potential, insists Zola
- Chelsea are realistic title contenders –Liverpool’s Klopp
- Andy Murray wins first round at Shenzhen Open
- Newcastle boss Benitez charged over ref comments
- Nigeria to move Libya clash to Uyo
- Young Galaxy fan delivers impressive national anthem
- Jose Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again - sources
- Messi is the greatest ever despite The Best snub, says Samuel Eto'o
- Barcelona's Ernesto Valverde: Award shows turning football into 'show business'
- FIFA to introduce reforms for transfers, loans once they receive approval
- Hislop: No end to Mourinho-Pogba feud
- Mourinho's marvels past & present
- Transfer Rater: Real eyeing Fekir? Sane to Juventus?
- Serie A Predictor: Roma and Milan to halt slide?
- Run NFF as modern football organisation, Balogun advises Pinnick
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- Manchester United expect higher revenue, core earnings for 2019
- Players have times they don’t score, Klopp defends Salah
- Wozniacki, Kerber off to fast start at Wuhan Open
- Cousin appointed sole Gabon coach after Aubameyang’s father rejects job
- 2018 Maritime Cup starts
- Police athletics trials set to hold
- Modric named world’s best,ends Ronaldo-Messi reign
- Stoke star fathers three children in six weeks
- Joshua reveals illness
- Red Bulls' Robles & Davis showcase FIFA 19 skills