Arsene Wenger says he is not interested in taking over from Luis Enrique at Barcelona in the summer.
Enrique announced on Wednesday that he will leave his position as head coach at the Nou Camp at the end of the season.
Wenger's future as Arsenal boss remains uncertain, with his contract set to expire in the summer, but he admitted in February he would like to stay at the Emirates and later confirmed he will stay in management next season.
Luis Enrique has announced he will step down from his position as Barcelona head coach at the end of the season
But asked whether he would be interested in taking over at Barca, Wenger said: "No, my preference has always been the same and will remain the same.
"I am not looking for jobs in other clubs or jobs for other people. I am just focused on me getting to the next level and trying to improve.
"I think [to be a] competent manager is to always try to improve and to see what you can do better. To reinvent yourself. That's what I always try to do. That's it, basically."
Wenger reiterated that there is "no need to come back on" questions about whether he is close to a decision on his future, having previously stated he would make a decision in March or April and could yet manage for at least four more years.
Wenger's future came under fire when Arsenal were beaten 5-1 in the Champions League by Bayern Munich last week
Enrique's decision to announce his Barcelona exit midway through the season came as a surprise, but Wenger believes these types of public statements can be beneficial.
Asked if Enrique's early announcement would have a negative impact, Wenger said: "No not really, I believe that the players have their own targets, the team targets, I don't think that can be detrimental, it can be positive as well."
Wenger has already turned down a lucrative offer from China, according to several national newspapers, but the Gunners boss would not be drawn on the reports at his pre-match press briefing on Thursday morning ahead of his side's clash with Liverpool on Saturday.
"This [press] conference is about the game at Liverpool not about my own future and what I turned down or [did] not turn down," he said.
Arsenal made a host of changes for their FA Cup fifth-round win over Sutton United last weekend, following the heavy 5-1 defeat to Bayern Munich last week.
Several first-team regulars look set to come back into the side for their return to Premier League action this weekend, but Wenger insists his players do not owe him anything.
"They owe themselves a performance, you know," he said. "These are quality players. Everything went against us [in Munich]. We were 1-1 at half-time and in the second half everything went against us.
"We responded at Sutton and we want to respond again. After that we have an opportunity to show Bayern we can cause them problems."
Latest Nigeria News
- Messi ‘sees things others don’t’ says Barcelona coach
- Federer to clash with Djokovic in Cincy tennis final
- Halep beats Sabalenka to reach third Cincy final
- Messi, Coutinho get Barcelona off to winning start
- Man accused of hijacking plane extradited from Cyprus
- Sporting KC 3-0 Portland: Diego Rubio brace
- Houston 1-2 Real Salt Lake: RSL score two in stoppage
- San Jose 1-1 Toronto: Wondolowski scores
- Andre Gray scores for Watford
- Tarkowski levels it for Burnley
- Sergio Aguero lobs it over the keeper
- Gabriel Jesus quickly makes it two
- Sergio Aguero gives Man City 3-0 Lead
- Stankovic gets one back for Huddersfield
- Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic signs contract, joins Hertha Berlin on loan
- Germany should have defended Mesut Ozil from 'racist attacks' - DFB president
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on Naby Keita: We have no idea how good he can be
- Hungarian game delayed as player gets wedding ring stuck, loses starting XI spot
- Atletico's Antoine Griezmann and Karl-Anthony Towns do a Fortnite dance
- Guardiola: Mendy is important for Man City's locker room
- Man United's Jose Mourinho: Fred a 'positive influence,' Andreas Pereira has become more of a man
- Iwobi scores in Chelsea, Arsenal five-goal thriller
- Tears, fears as DSS occupation of glasshouse continues
- Ronaldo fails to score on Serie A debut
- PSG hero Kylian Mbappe: Neymar's a bigger superstar than I am
- Manchester City's Pep Guaridola won't hesitate to play Phil Foden: 'We trust him a lot'
- Transfer Talk: Manchester City plan £60 million swoop for Wolves' Ruben Neves
- Philadelphia Union improve playoff standing with shutout of New York City FC
- Daniel Royer earns draw vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, keeps New York Red Bulls' run alive
- Daniel Lovitz scores in stoppage-time as Montreal Impact edge the Chicago Fire
- Diego Rubio scores twice as Sporting Kansas City blank the Portland Timbers
- Albert Rusnak's brace helps Real Salt Lake stun the Houston Dynamo
- Chris Wondolowski's equalizer helps San Jose Earthquakes draw with Toronto FC
- FC Dallas remains atop West with shutout of Minnesota United
- Ronaldo fails to score in Juventus debut
- Chelsea beat Arsenal 3-2 in thrilling London derby
- Sarri salutes Chelsea’s winning mentality after ‘horrible’ spell
- Tight security as Ronaldo makes Serie A debut
- Kane ends goal drought as he scores for Tottenham Spurs
- Mbappe scores in first match for PSG after World Cup