Paul Pogba has revealed he was not allowed to talk after Manchester United’s 0-0 stalemate against Valencia on Tuesday night, Sky Sports reports.
Jose Mourinho’s side have made their worst start to a league campaign in 29 years after an embarrassing 3-1 loss at West Ham last Saturday, and were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Championship side Derby.
United made it four home games without a win with their lacklustre 0-0 draw in the Champions League against the La Liga side, with a section of the Old Trafford fans showing their displeasure by booing.
United players avoided the post-match mixed zone interview area after the game to avoid awkward questions until Pogba was asked by reporters for his reaction.
Mourinho has brushed off criticism from Paul Scholes and shrugs off boos from the crowd
He said, “I’ve been told I’m not allowed (to talk).”
The French World Cup winner, who was last week told he would not captain the side again, has previously been criticised for undermining Mourinho’s tactics calling for his side to “attack, attack, attack” following their 1-1 draw against Wolves.
Pogba shared a frosty exchange with Mourinho in front of the Sky Sports cameras at United’s Carrington training ground last week and was substituted in the second half of the defeat at the London Stadium
United are 10th in the Premier League and play Newcastle at the weekend.
Captain Antonio Valencia and midfielder Marouane Fellaini both backed the manager on Tuesday despite the growing pressure on the club and its manager.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
Latest Nigeria News
- Highlights | RSL 4-1 NE - Via MLS
- Chelsea's Andreas Christensen may leave in January without first-team chances - father
- Real Salt Lake 4-1 New England: RSL cruise - Via MLS
- Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui dodges questions regarding future
- Pirates seek to end Telkom Knockout bogey and finally lift a trophy
- The Super Eagles Swoop On North Africa
- Adelaide United 1-1 Sydney FC: Le Fondre makes his mark
- Loris Karius in danger of losing Besiktas spot amid social media criticism - reports
- Liverpool's Alberto Moreno assessing options with contract talks in stalemate - sources
- Jose Mourinho won't 'celebrate like crazy' if Man United win at Chelsea
- Real Madrid's Karim Benzema 'totally annoyed' by kidnap allegations against entourage
- Defoe: Levy held players meeting to get me to return to Spurs
- Kenya's Patrick Matasi joins Saint George SC
- Sources: Atlanta United's Gerardo Martino has verbal deal with Mexico after MLS season
- Inter's Milan Skriniar: Gonzalo Higuain not AC Milan's only top forward
- Mulvey: Bolt turning down move not my focus
- Is Chelsea-Man United destined for a dismal draw?
- Stewart Robson gives his Man United best XI
- Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory are preseason favourites as A-League kicks off
- Julie Foudy's World Cup qualifying takeaways
- Sunday's Milan Derby: Who has the edge?
- Shaka's Power Rankings: International edition!
- England win against Spain shows futility of being 'drunk on stats' - Sean Dyche
- FA 'seriously concerned' with social-media abuse of England's Karen Carney
- LA Galaxy's Zlatan Ibrahimovic ready to play on Minnesota turf with playoffs on line
- FC Dallas homegrown players train in Munich - Via Bayern
- Steve Nicol: Luke Shaw succeeding in spite of Mourinho
- Fantasy La Liga: Modric primed for big day
- Premier League Predictor: Can Chelsea stay at the top?
- UEFA still probing reported fan incidents in Paris Saint-Germain, Red Star match
- Emery urges caution after strong Arsenal run
- Tottenham didn't buy in summer window because targets were 'unaffordable' - Pochettino
- Transfer Rater: Conte to Real Madrid? Giroud to West Ham?
- Mourinho, Man United back in spotlight to face Chelsea, Juventus tests
- Russia internationals Pavel Mamaev, Alexander Kokorin charged with hooliganism, battery
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Antonio Conte to replace Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid?
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw signs new contract at Old Trafford - sources
- Kaizer Chiefs confirm lengthy Lebogang Manyama lay-off((
- Telkom Knockout provides latest chance for silverware
- DC United 1-0 Toronto FC: Rooney's stunner seals win - Via MLS