Mario Mandzukic scored in either half as Juventus came from behind to beat ten-man Napoli 3-1 and open up a six-point lead on Carlo Ancelotti’s side at the top of the Serie A table.
Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo played a role in all three goals as Massimiliano Allegri’s side have a maximum 21 points after seven games.
[READ ALSO] 2019: Crisis hits Kogi PDP as aspirants accuse Saraki of favouring Melaye
Napoli are now on 15 points, after falling to their second defeat of the season.
“Ronaldo is enjoying his football, he has integrated very well,” said Allegri.
“He’s an extraordinary player, the passing is exceptional, and tonight was the best Ronaldo of the season, along with the high-level half-hour in Valencia.”
Ancelotti’s first trip to his former club got off to a promising start when Jose Callejon volleyed for Dries Mertens to open the scoring after ten minutes.
But Ronaldo set up Mandzukic to head in the equaliser after 26 minutes.
The momentum then swung to Juventus with Ronaldo looking destined to score but the ball bounced off the left post and into the path of the onrushing Croat who tapped in the second four minutes after the break.
Napoli were a man down after Portuguese left-back Mario Rui was sent off after 58 minutes for a second bookable offence.
Napoli missed a chance to equalise when Arkadiusz Milik set up Callejon but the Spanish winger fired straight at Wojciech Szczesny.
But centre-back Leonardo Bonucci got the hosts’ third after 76 minutes when Ronaldo headed towards goal off a corner.
Both teams are in Champions League action next week with Juventus hosting Swiss club Young Boys without Ronaldo who has a one-match ban after he was controversially sent off against Valencia.
Napoli play at home against last year’s runners-up Liverpool.
Latest Nigeria News
- Highlights | RSL 4-1 NE - Via MLS
- Chelsea's Andreas Christensen may leave in January without first-team chances - father
- Real Salt Lake 4-1 New England: RSL cruise - Via MLS
- Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui dodges questions regarding future
- Pirates seek to end Telkom Knockout bogey and finally lift a trophy
- The Super Eagles Swoop On North Africa
- Adelaide United 1-1 Sydney FC: Le Fondre makes his mark
- Loris Karius in danger of losing Besiktas spot amid social media criticism - reports
- Liverpool's Alberto Moreno assessing options with contract talks in stalemate - sources
- Jose Mourinho won't 'celebrate like crazy' if Man United win at Chelsea
- Real Madrid's Karim Benzema 'totally annoyed' by kidnap allegations against entourage
- Defoe: Levy held players meeting to get me to return to Spurs
- Kenya's Patrick Matasi joins Saint George SC
- Sources: Atlanta United's Gerardo Martino has verbal deal with Mexico after MLS season
- Inter's Milan Skriniar: Gonzalo Higuain not AC Milan's only top forward
- Mulvey: Bolt turning down move not my focus
- Is Chelsea-Man United destined for a dismal draw?
- Stewart Robson gives his Man United best XI
- Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory are preseason favourites as A-League kicks off
- Julie Foudy's World Cup qualifying takeaways
- Sunday's Milan Derby: Who has the edge?
- Shaka's Power Rankings: International edition!
- England win against Spain shows futility of being 'drunk on stats' - Sean Dyche
- FA 'seriously concerned' with social-media abuse of England's Karen Carney
- LA Galaxy's Zlatan Ibrahimovic ready to play on Minnesota turf with playoffs on line
- FC Dallas homegrown players train in Munich - Via Bayern
- Steve Nicol: Luke Shaw succeeding in spite of Mourinho
- Fantasy La Liga: Modric primed for big day
- Premier League Predictor: Can Chelsea stay at the top?
- UEFA still probing reported fan incidents in Paris Saint-Germain, Red Star match
- Emery urges caution after strong Arsenal run
- Tottenham didn't buy in summer window because targets were 'unaffordable' - Pochettino
- Transfer Rater: Conte to Real Madrid? Giroud to West Ham?
- Mourinho, Man United back in spotlight to face Chelsea, Juventus tests
- Russia internationals Pavel Mamaev, Alexander Kokorin charged with hooliganism, battery
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Antonio Conte to replace Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid?
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw signs new contract at Old Trafford - sources
- Kaizer Chiefs confirm lengthy Lebogang Manyama lay-off((
- Telkom Knockout provides latest chance for silverware
- DC United 1-0 Toronto FC: Rooney's stunner seals win - Via MLS