Enyimba face tough fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2018 Aiteo Cup after they were drawn against Kano Pillars.
In the fixtures released on Friday by the Nigeria Football Federation, Kwara United face Katsina United in Lagos while Nasarawa United battle El-Kanemi Warriors in Aba and Rangers play Akwa United in Kano.
The matches will be played on October 3 and 4 with the match between Enyimba and Pillars postponed due to the engagement of the People’s Elephant in the CAF Confederation Cup.
In the women’s fixtures, Rivers Angels face Sunshine Queens in Lafia while Ibom Angels play Delta Queens in Enugu. Bayelsa Queens and Osun Babes square up in Ijebu Ode while Edo Queens tackle Confluence Queens in Calabar.
Meanwhile, Rivers United coach Stanley Eguma has lamented his team’s exit from the tournament.
Rivers finished bottom of their group after three losses to exit the competition. They lost 1-0 to Abia Warriors. 3-2 to Kano Pillars and 1-0 to Kwara United.
Eguma blamed the club’s exit on the failure of his strikers to convert their chances.
He said, “It was a bad tournament for us and I believe that we have disappointed our fans. We came with a good tactical plan to go far in the competition but it didn’t work the way we planned. Our opponents defended well while our strikers failed to convert the chances they got. We will go back to work harder for next season.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
Latest Nigeria News
- AC Milan lose to Olympiakos, will miss out on Europa League knockouts
- Paris Saint-Germain-Dijon among five postponed matches in Ligue 1
- Power Rankings: Barcelona top, Liverpool climb; Juventus, Man City drop
- Youngster Eddie Nketiah impresses, Laurent Koscielny and Mesut Ozil return vs. Qarabag
- Hislop: Dembele's problems stem from childhood
- Europa League exit will pose trouble for Milan
- Shaka's Power Rankings: Barcelona claim top spot
- Extra Time: No love for PSG, refs against Milan, are horses athletes?
- Arsenal teenager Bukayo Saka showed 'big personality' in full debut for Gunners
- Game-worn Diego Maradona shirts get ¬18,500 at auction
- Barcelona's Jordi Alba: No dressing room issues with Ousmane Dembele
- Man United supporters frustrated at present but can look to past for Anfield inspiration
- Exploding Heads: Sol Campbell is a genius
- Ex-Argentina boss Jorge Sampaoli to join Brazilian club Santos
- Game-worn Diego Maradona shirts fetch ¬18,500 at auction
- Fantasy Premier League: Kane earns the armband
- Fantasy La Liga: Lionel Messi leads the line
- Nicol: Liverpool have enough to cover recent injuries
- Premier League Predictor: Showdown at Anfield
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino: Most federations favour 48-team World Cup in 2022
- Transfer Rater: Pochettino to Real Madrid? Pogba back to Juve?
- Sensational Giroud free kick earns Chelsea draw vs. Vidi in Europa League
- Liverpool to beat struggling Man United? Juventus to overcome Torino?
- Tottenham express 'great concern' at fan claims of mistreatment by Barcelona security
- Barcelona defender Gerard Pique linked with interest in buying FC Andorra
- Champions League XI: Mo Salah and Leroy Sane lead team of the week
- Thomas Muller's flying kick vs. Ajax was eerily accurate recreation of Bundesliga logo
- England FA CEO Martin Glenn to quit role at end of 2018-19 season
- Mourinho: Two players would make Man United team after Valencia loss
- Man United's lack of team spirit, Mourinho's negativity explains wide gap to rivals Liverpool
- Babbel: Wanderers can be giant killers
- Loftus-Cheek: Sterling right to speak out at racism
- Shaka Hislop explains why Zack Steffen chose Man City
- The pressure is on for France, Women's World Cup host
- Youthful Real Madrid beaten soundly by CSKA in group stage finale
- Columbus Crew SC interviews ex-Red Bulls GM Ali Curtis - sources
- Manchester United fall to Valencia, miss chance to win Champions League group
- Young Boys stun Juventus with brace from Guillaume Hoarau
- Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele apologised to team after being late to training - Carles Alena
- Man City win group as Sane double sinks Hoffenheim