Nigeria’s D’Tigress has continued their magical run at the FIBA Women’s World Cup with a 57-56 victory over Greece to advance to the quarter-finals!
D’Tigress will meet the United States of America on Friday.
According to one of the Nigerian players, Adaora Elonu, “I’m happy for us because we’ve been through a lot and our motto was to stay together and we stayed together. Greece is a really tough team. I don’t know how we pulled it off but I’m beyond happy and proud.”
READ ALSO: NLC insists on strike as meeting with FG ends in deadlock
Speaking about playing in the quarter-finals, Elonu said, “It sounds really nice. I’ve never really thought about it. I don’t know what to expect but we’re just going to keep pushing. We didn’t know what to expect from the World Cup as none of us had been here. It’s just a ride that we’re taking,” reports FIBA Liveblog.
The Twitter handle of the female basketball team, @DtigressNG, also revealed that the victory was a comforting one for the Head Coach of the team, Otis Hughley, whose family was involved in a car accident less than 24 hours to the game.
What a sweet victory.
A perfect succour for Head Coach, Otis Hughley whose family was involved involved in an auto accident less than 24 hours to the game.
Greece 56 pic.twitter.com/HGVyuQuvdb
— #DTigress (@DtigressNG) September 26, 2018
Latest Nigeria News
- Highlights | RSL 4-1 NE - Via MLS
- Chelsea's Andreas Christensen may leave in January without first-team chances - father
- Real Salt Lake 4-1 New England: RSL cruise - Via MLS
- Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui dodges questions regarding future
- Pirates seek to end Telkom Knockout bogey and finally lift a trophy
- The Super Eagles Swoop On North Africa
- Adelaide United 1-1 Sydney FC: Le Fondre makes his mark
- Loris Karius in danger of losing Besiktas spot amid social media criticism - reports
- Liverpool's Alberto Moreno assessing options with contract talks in stalemate - sources
- Jose Mourinho won't 'celebrate like crazy' if Man United win at Chelsea
- Real Madrid's Karim Benzema 'totally annoyed' by kidnap allegations against entourage
- Defoe: Levy held players meeting to get me to return to Spurs
- Kenya's Patrick Matasi joins Saint George SC
- Sources: Atlanta United's Gerardo Martino has verbal deal with Mexico after MLS season
- Inter's Milan Skriniar: Gonzalo Higuain not AC Milan's only top forward
- Mulvey: Bolt turning down move not my focus
- Is Chelsea-Man United destined for a dismal draw?
- Stewart Robson gives his Man United best XI
- Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory are preseason favourites as A-League kicks off
- Julie Foudy's World Cup qualifying takeaways
- Sunday's Milan Derby: Who has the edge?
- Shaka's Power Rankings: International edition!
- England win against Spain shows futility of being 'drunk on stats' - Sean Dyche
- FA 'seriously concerned' with social-media abuse of England's Karen Carney
- LA Galaxy's Zlatan Ibrahimovic ready to play on Minnesota turf with playoffs on line
- FC Dallas homegrown players train in Munich - Via Bayern
- Steve Nicol: Luke Shaw succeeding in spite of Mourinho
- Fantasy La Liga: Modric primed for big day
- Premier League Predictor: Can Chelsea stay at the top?
- UEFA still probing reported fan incidents in Paris Saint-Germain, Red Star match
- Emery urges caution after strong Arsenal run
- Tottenham didn't buy in summer window because targets were 'unaffordable' - Pochettino
- Transfer Rater: Conte to Real Madrid? Giroud to West Ham?
- Mourinho, Man United back in spotlight to face Chelsea, Juventus tests
- Russia internationals Pavel Mamaev, Alexander Kokorin charged with hooliganism, battery
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Antonio Conte to replace Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid?
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw signs new contract at Old Trafford - sources
- Kaizer Chiefs confirm lengthy Lebogang Manyama lay-off((
- Telkom Knockout provides latest chance for silverware
- DC United 1-0 Toronto FC: Rooney's stunner seals win - Via MLS