The President, Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has advised Nigeria’s flagbearers in the semi-finals of 2018 CAF Confederation Cup, Enyimba FC of Aba, to have unwavering self-belief when they confront Raja Casablanca of Morocco.
According to the federation’s Media Aide, Ademola Olajire, Pinnick gave the advise on Sunday while congratulating the “People’s Elephant” for their 5-1 defeat of Rayon Sports of Rwanda.
The match, played at the Enyimba International Stadium, Aba, qualified the team for the semi-finals of the competition on a 5-1 aggregate.
READ ALSO: Mantu commends Secondus for turning PDP to portent political force”
“I want to commend the players and members of the technical staff for their endeavour in this competition so far.
“I watched their match against CARA Brazzaville in the group phase and I know the players and technical crew have great ambition and can go all the way to the final and do Nigeria proud by winning the cup.
“Their next opponents, Raja Casablanca, are a tough act. But Enyimba have the players and the technical team to plot victory and all they require is strong self-belief to conquer the Moroccans,” Pinnick said in statement by Olajire.
“ I appeal to all Nigerian fans and football stakeholders to give the club necessary support to make us smile as they are the only Nigerian club left in continental club competition this year.
Latest Nigeria News
- Highlights | RSL 4-1 NE - Via MLS
- Chelsea's Andreas Christensen may leave in January without first-team chances - father
- Real Salt Lake 4-1 New England: RSL cruise - Via MLS
- Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui dodges questions regarding future
- Pirates seek to end Telkom Knockout bogey and finally lift a trophy
- The Super Eagles Swoop On North Africa
- Adelaide United 1-1 Sydney FC: Le Fondre makes his mark
- Loris Karius in danger of losing Besiktas spot amid social media criticism - reports
- Liverpool's Alberto Moreno assessing options with contract talks in stalemate - sources
- Jose Mourinho won't 'celebrate like crazy' if Man United win at Chelsea
- Real Madrid's Karim Benzema 'totally annoyed' by kidnap allegations against entourage
- Defoe: Levy held players meeting to get me to return to Spurs
- Kenya's Patrick Matasi joins Saint George SC
- Sources: Atlanta United's Gerardo Martino has verbal deal with Mexico after MLS season
- Inter's Milan Skriniar: Gonzalo Higuain not AC Milan's only top forward
- Mulvey: Bolt turning down move not my focus
- Is Chelsea-Man United destined for a dismal draw?
- Stewart Robson gives his Man United best XI
- Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory are preseason favourites as A-League kicks off
- Julie Foudy's World Cup qualifying takeaways
- Sunday's Milan Derby: Who has the edge?
- Shaka's Power Rankings: International edition!
- England win against Spain shows futility of being 'drunk on stats' - Sean Dyche
- FA 'seriously concerned' with social-media abuse of England's Karen Carney
- LA Galaxy's Zlatan Ibrahimovic ready to play on Minnesota turf with playoffs on line
- FC Dallas homegrown players train in Munich - Via Bayern
- Steve Nicol: Luke Shaw succeeding in spite of Mourinho
- Fantasy La Liga: Modric primed for big day
- Premier League Predictor: Can Chelsea stay at the top?
- UEFA still probing reported fan incidents in Paris Saint-Germain, Red Star match
- Emery urges caution after strong Arsenal run
- Tottenham didn't buy in summer window because targets were 'unaffordable' - Pochettino
- Transfer Rater: Conte to Real Madrid? Giroud to West Ham?
- Mourinho, Man United back in spotlight to face Chelsea, Juventus tests
- Russia internationals Pavel Mamaev, Alexander Kokorin charged with hooliganism, battery
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Antonio Conte to replace Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid?
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw signs new contract at Old Trafford - sources
- Kaizer Chiefs confirm lengthy Lebogang Manyama lay-off((
- Telkom Knockout provides latest chance for silverware
- DC United 1-0 Toronto FC: Rooney's stunner seals win - Via MLS