Matias Messi, the older brother of Lionel Messi has been sentenced to two and a half years in jail on Thursday, for the illegal possession of firearms.
The older Messi will however not spend any time in jail, as his sentence has been commuted to community service, reports Soccer Laduma.
READ ALSO: Falconets’ quarter-final exit a bitter pill to swallow – Ajibade
Matias was found in possession of an unlicensed gun back in November 2017. The weapon was reportedly found inside a blood-stained boat that Matias allegedly crashed in the Parana River that flows through a few countries in South America.
Matias has had several encounters with the law over the years and was arrested in May when he reportedly threatened a civilian with a gun following a car accident.
Latest Nigeria News
- Alex Sandro: I have a desire to play in the Premier League
- Wayne Rooney's sons pose for cute Christmas card photos to herald holiday season
- Juventus' Alex Sandro has 'desire' to play in Premier League - but not yet
- Martin Boyle stars for Australia as Tim Cahill makes final international appearance
- Yannick Carrasco offered teammate ¬10,000 after allegedly breaking nose in training 'conflict'
- Virgil van Dijk deployed as STRIKER in final stages of Nations League clash with Germany
- Australia 3-0 Lebanon: Socceroos victorious in Cahill's sendoff
- Tim Cahill's Australia career ends on a high note
- South Korea brush aside Uzbekistan as Paulo Bento stays unbeaten
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Juventus target Manchester United's Marcus Rashford
- Not coaching Lionel Messi is Argentina's interim coach Lionel Scaloni's only regret
- Germany showing signs of recovery despite relegation from UEFA Nations League
- Transfer Talk: Juventus target Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford
- Schick secures League B stay for Czech Republic
- When is the Euro 2020 qualifying draw and who is seeded?
- Frank LeBoeuf understands Pogba's post-World Cup struggles
- LeBoeuf: Varane should win the Ballon d'Or
- Leboeuf: Henry, Monaco don't know how to fight relegation
- UEFA boss calls breakaway Super League 'fiction,' while Juve chief denies involvement
- Does Nations League failure matter to France?
- Burley: Lessons to be learned from Dutch 'smash and grab'
- Extra Time: Neymar in Mbappe's shadow? Dembele to Liverpool?
- Transfer Talk: Real Madrid eye Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Radamel Falcao moves
- Zimbabwe vs. Liberia: Where did it all go wrong?
- Promes pulls one back for the Netherlands
- Virgil van Dijk strikes late as Netherlands draw with Germany to reach Nations League finals
- Van Dijk completes comeback with venomous volley
- Bardhi stunner earns Macedonia Nations League promotion
- Denmark 0-0 Ireland: Denmark can't break deadlock
- Qatar 2-2 Iceland: Stunning strikes in Qatar
- Nigeria victory is a stepping stone to World Cup - Refiloe Jane
- Mexico's Ricardo Ferretti: Liga MX foreign player rule needs changes
- England's positive vibes pay dividends, Belgium blow big lead, Dutch delight, more
- Is a young Dutch duo the future at Barcelona?
- Griezmann: I would love Zidane as France manager
- Liverpool's Dejan Lovren to escape action for Sergio Ramos video on social media
- Maradona dances after team reaches Ascenso semi-final
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez tells Ousmane Dembele to 'focus solely on footall'
- Spain, Portugal, Morocco considering joint 2030 World Cup bid
- Bayern's life during the international break- Via Bayern Munich