Everton are considering a move for out-of-favour Manchester United defender Luke Shaw in the summer, sources close to the Merseyside club have told ESPN FC.
Shaw's future at Old Trafford is in doubt after manager Jose Mourinho again criticised him following the FA Cup win over Brighton last weekend.
The left-back was substituted at half-time, with Mourinho claiming he had made the change because the defender lacked "class and personality" in his performance.
Former Southampton defender Shaw has struggled to hold down a regular spot in the last two seasons, with Ashley Young the first-choice left-back.
Young has said Shaw can be "one of the best in the world" if he works hard and keeps his head down.
Sources have told ESPN FC that Everton are closely monitoring Shaw's situation and sent scouts to him against Brighton.
The Toffees are in the market for a new left-back as they seek a long-term replacement for Leighton Baines.
Baines, 33, has missed a chunk of this season through injury, with manager Sam Allardyce using Cuco Martina as a makeshift left-back.
Everton are expected to be busy in the summer following a disappointing season and could be willing to offer Shaw a route out of Old Trafford.
Peter O'Rourke is ESPN FC's transfer news correspondent. Follow him on Twitter @SportsPeteO.
Latest Nigeria News
- FA Cup win would not change Tottenham, Pochettino says
- Thiem stuns Djokovic to reach Monte Carlo quarter-finals
- FIFA punishes five clubs over player deals
- You deserve all my respect, Guardiola tells Man City players, staff
- PSG in contact with Paul Pogba agent over Manchester United transfer - source
- Wenger confident Wilshere will sign new Arsenal deal
- Chelsea’s Alonso gets three-match ban
- Wrestling: Nigeria’s Adekuoroye eyes more gold medal in world championship
- Atletico Madrid's Keidi Bare gets nine-game ban for foul-mouthed referee rant
- Spurs need FA Cup, Mourinho wants it more
- Arsenal's Arsene Wenger not concerned by empty seats, low attendance
- Transfer Rater: Christian Eriksen to Barcelona, Jack Wilshere to Wolves
- Barcelona vs. Real Madrid Camp Nou Clasico confirmed for May 6
- Premier League's most creative star to be honoured with new Playmaker award
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United too inconsistent to win Premier League
- Sterling hungry for more after Man City Premier League win
- Igali secures Commonwealth wrestling post
- Onyekuru set to force his way into World Cup squad
- Amazons beat Pelican Stars 3-0
- 24 schools for Zenith Bank/Ikoyi Club swimming
- Poor showing: Nigeria set to lose continental football slots
- Mbappe scores brace as PSG seal French Cup final spot
- Parker fires back at regretting Joshua
- Coach demands 23 months’ salary from Saraki Boys
- Plateau Utd blame defenders
- Gor Mahia edge Supersport to reach group stage
- Video assistant referee decisions at World Cup to have written explanations
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho praises 'positive' display at Bournemouth
- Top-club Chelsea harder to manage than Burnley - Antonio Conte
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool target rising Wolverhampton star Ruben Neves
- 2018 World Cup: Pinnick promises Eagles $24m, if Nigeria wins
- Cech tells Gunners to set their sights on unbeaten run
- Man City could dominate for years, says Conte
- EPL: Man United back on track as Mourinho wields axe
- English Premier League table
- Hilal survive Uyo scare to go through with Enyimba
- Yanga seal spot despite Hawassa loss
- Rayon makes history with group stage berth
- Newcomers dominate group stage line-up
- Man United ease past Bournemouth as Chris Smalling, Romelu Lukaku net