Things change in the blink of an eye in football. The Football Whispers Index takes the latest transfer rumours and gives them a score out of five; the higher the score, the more realistic and reliable the whisper.
Here are today's top five emerging whispers. And keep an eye on Transfer Talk for all the latest gossip.
Neymar to Real Madrid
Nike are plotting to get involved in the deal to bring Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar maestro to Real Madrid. According to Marca, the sportswear giants have offered to pay part of the rumoured €400 million it would cost to convince PSG to part with the 26-year-old if the La Liga champions sign a sponsorship deal with them which would see the Madrid club part ways with long-term sponsor Adidas. Neymar is wanted by Real president Florentino Perez amid suggestions he is unhappy in Paris.
Maycon to Arsenal
According to Brazilian outlet UOL Esporte, Corinthians midfielder Maycon has been subject of interest from Arsenal with the Premier League side keen to bring the Brazilian to North London when the transfer window opens. The 20-year-old, a Brazilian youth international, is interested in moving to London but Valencia are also keen on signing the midfielder who is available for €9m.
Aron Gunnarsson to Burnley
Cardiff City could lose midfielder Gunnarsson on a free transfer this summer if they fail to gain promotion to the Premier League. The Championship club sit in second with just nine games to go but nothing is assured. The Daily Mirror claim Burnley have been keeping close tabs on the midfielder with Sean Dyche thought to be a long-term admirer of the 28-year-old and will look to make a move for the Iceland international when the season comes to an end.
Fred to Manchester United
Manchester City have cooled their interest in Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred which has allowed Manchester United to jump to the front of the queue. The Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive, Sergei Palkin, spoke to Corriere dello Sport and revealed that if the midfielder doesn't join Pep Guardiola's side then he will be making his way to Old Trafford in a deal worth £40m. City had identified Fred as the long-term heir to countryman Fernandinho in midfield but could now turn their attention to Borussia Dortmund's Julian Weigl.
Jamie Vardy to Everton
Reports in the Liverpool Echo claim Steve Walsh, Everton's director of football, is pushing for the club to go big on Leicester City frontman Vardy. Walsh signed the England striker for Leicester and wants a reunion with the England international, who has 16 goals in all competitions. However, Walsh's role with Everton is under threat with the Merseyside club already having spoken with PSV Eindhoven's sporting director Marcel Brands about replacing him after a summer transfer window in which their recruitment policy was, at best, scattergun.
Latest Nigeria News
- Sanchez admits to rough start at Man United
- CAF Champions League group draw
- Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann: Future will be decided before World Cup
- Ousmane Dembele needs right attitude to make it at Barcelona - Xavi
- Javi Martinez: Spain boss Julen Lopetegui hasn't explained squad snub to me
- Prosecutor seeks five-year jail for Xabi Alonso over tax fraud
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw being monitored by Everton - sources
- 'Outrageous' dive by Chilean player set to lead to punishment
- Transfer Rater: Hector Bellerin to Manchester United, Nabil Fekir to Arsenal
- Man United discuss song sheets to boost Old Trafford atmosphere at fan forum
- Xabi Alonso tax fraud case: Spanish prosecutors seek five-year sentence
- Usman targets ABU title at GOtv Boxing Night
- Nigerians suffer humiliating defeats at Lagos Squash Classics
- Why I’m the best in the world – Ronaldo
- Mikel doubtful, Etebo out as Moses, Ighalo hit Poland
- I would like to play with Neymar – Pogba
- World Cup squads: Who is on the plane to Russia, and who is in limbo?
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo asked about life in China - Luiz Felipe Scolari
- Brazil, PSG doctors in 'total harmony' on Neymar injury - Rodrigo Lasmar
- Starbucks food, sweeteners banned at England team hotel - source
- Transfer Rater: Mohamed Salah to Barcelona, Aaron Ramsey to Manchester United
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea among many interested in Toby Alderweireld
- Ronaldo's 2002 World Cup haircut was a deliberate distraction
- Man United's Luke Shaw can still be among 'best in the world' - Ashley Young
- Lionel Messi trains with Argentina teammates at Manchester City facility
- Putting Ronaldo's form into context
- Messi joins Argentina training ahead of Italy clash
- From non-league to World Cup, Pope dreams of keeping for England
- French Open champions to receive record €2.2m
- Pogba misses France training
- CAF Confederation Cup play-offs draw seeding
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record