Uganda champions, Kampala City Council Authority (KCCA) have vowed to beat Ethiopia’s Saint George on Saturday and qualify for the lucrative group stage for the first time.
The first leg in Addis Ababa ended barren, a result which puts the Kampala-based side in a good stead towards the realization of their aspirations.
“We have no option but to play well and make the group stage because it is what our target is,” head coach Mike Mutebi told CAFOnline.com on Wednesday.
Mutebi added that “there is no reason why we have to be under pressure playing at home. We have to play good football and win the match”.
The KCCA trainer has also rallied the supporters to throng the Philip Omondi Stadium to push and motivate the team to ensure victory.
“In the past, KCCA fans have been laid back, but they have regenerated and have pushed the team in the last two years. We shall need 100% commitment from our fans to pump-up the players because this is a big game for us,” he concluded.
With gifted midfielder Saddam Ibrahim Juma out injured, the likes of Muzamir Mutyaba, Derrick Nsibambi, Julius Poloto and Paul Mucuurezi who scored when KCCA FC ejected Malagasy outfit, CNaPS at the prelims are expected to play important roles if the home side hopes to achieve their dream of getting to the group stage.
“We are going all out to die a little for the team because this game means so much for us. We need to approach it with lots of caution,” said skipper Timothy Awanyi.
The Ethiopian giants will however miss the services of Salhadin Said, Sedi Mohammed Keita together with Ibrahim Fofona, who are out injured.
KCCA who reached the CAF Confederation Cup group stage last year are determined to become the first Ugandan team to make it into the last 16 of the premier continental club championship.
Saturday, 17 March 2018
KCCA (Uganda) vs Saint George (Ethiopia) (0-0)
Mbabane Swallows (Swaziland) vs Zanaco (Zambia) (2-1)
Williamsville (Cote d’Ivoire) vs Wydad (Morocco) (2-7)
CF Mounana (Gabon) vs Al Ahly (Egypt) (0-4)
MC Alger (Algeria) vs MFM (Nigeria) (1-2)
Generation Foot (Senegal) vs Horoya (Guinea) (1-2)
Township Rollers (Botswana) vs Young Africans (Tanzania) (2-1)
UD Songo (Mozambique) vs TP Mazembe (DR Congo) (0-4)
Bidvest (South Africa) vs Primeiro de Agosto (Angola) (0-1)
Sunday, 18 March 2018
ES Setif (Algeria) vs Aduana (Ghana) (1-0)
Esperance (Tunisia) vs Gor Mahia (Kenya) (0-0)
Plateau United (Nigeria) vs Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia) (2-4)
El Hilal (Sudan) vs AS Togo (Togo) (0-2)
ASEC Mimosas (Cote d’Ivoire) vs Zesco (Zambia) (1-0)
AS Vita (DR Congo) vs Difaa El Jadidi (Morocco) (0-1)
Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) vs Rayon Sport (Rwanda) (0-0)
Latest Nigeria News
- Sanchez admits to rough start at Man United
- CAF Champions League group draw
- Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann: Future will be decided before World Cup
- Ousmane Dembele needs right attitude to make it at Barcelona - Xavi
- Javi Martinez: Spain boss Julen Lopetegui hasn't explained squad snub to me
- Prosecutor seeks five-year jail for Xabi Alonso over tax fraud
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw being monitored by Everton - sources
- 'Outrageous' dive by Chilean player set to lead to punishment
- Transfer Rater: Hector Bellerin to Manchester United, Nabil Fekir to Arsenal
- Man United discuss song sheets to boost Old Trafford atmosphere at fan forum
- Xabi Alonso tax fraud case: Spanish prosecutors seek five-year sentence
- Usman targets ABU title at GOtv Boxing Night
- Nigerians suffer humiliating defeats at Lagos Squash Classics
- Why I’m the best in the world – Ronaldo
- Mikel doubtful, Etebo out as Moses, Ighalo hit Poland
- I would like to play with Neymar – Pogba
- World Cup squads: Who is on the plane to Russia, and who is in limbo?
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo asked about life in China - Luiz Felipe Scolari
- Brazil, PSG doctors in 'total harmony' on Neymar injury - Rodrigo Lasmar
- Starbucks food, sweeteners banned at England team hotel - source
- Transfer Rater: Mohamed Salah to Barcelona, Aaron Ramsey to Manchester United
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea among many interested in Toby Alderweireld
- Ronaldo's 2002 World Cup haircut was a deliberate distraction
- Man United's Luke Shaw can still be among 'best in the world' - Ashley Young
- Lionel Messi trains with Argentina teammates at Manchester City facility
- Putting Ronaldo's form into context
- Messi joins Argentina training ahead of Italy clash
- From non-league to World Cup, Pope dreams of keeping for England
- French Open champions to receive record €2.2m
- Pogba misses France training
- CAF Confederation Cup play-offs draw seeding
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record