Neymar "has a future" at Paris Saint-Germain, the Brazil international's father said on Tuesday amid reports of an exit from the French club.
PSG chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi and sporting director Antero Henrique are in Brazil this week visiting Neymar as he recovers from his recent operation on a fractured fifth metatarsal in his right foot.
They both met with the Ligue 1 leaders' No. 10 and his influential father, Neymar Sr, in in Mangaratiba, near Rio de Janeiro, where the 26-year-old has been recuperating.
Al-Khelaifi, Henrique and both Neymars visited the former Barcelona man's charity centre, the Neymar Junior Institute, in Praia Grande, Sao Paulo state, and while there, Neymar Sr and Al-Khelaifi moved to silence rumours about a possible Real Madrid move or a return to Barca.
"Neymar already has a future at PSG," Neymar Sr said at a press conference. "Neymar already has a present at PSG."
Al-Khelaifi added: "Neymar is happy, highly motivated and excited to come back as soon as possible. He is doing his best to come back as soon as possible -- he is in good shape."
Brazil national team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar has previously said that €222 million man Neymar will need at least two and a half months, perhaps three, to be back in action. Brazil need him fit and in form in time for the start of the World Cup in Russia on June 14.
Earlier on Tuesday, Al-Khelaifi was fined €18 million in his role as president of BeIN Sports for violating the protection of competition act in Egypt.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.
Latest Nigeria News
- I won’t box again if I had Povetkin’s doping issues –Joshua
- Nwakali joins Porto on loan
- Rapes and beatings: The travails of S’Korea’s young athletes
- ‘We aren’t under pressure to win Lagos badminton’
- Aremu joins F’Eagles for Mauritania clash
- 2018 COSAFA Under-17 Championships – DAY 1 WRAP DAY 2 PREVIEW
- Fabinho jokes he'll get Kylian Mbappe to swap PSG for Liverpool
- Pogba's France role no good at United
- Sanchez gets visa to join Manchester United’s US tour
- With 11.4m responses, Ronaldo’s Instagram post becomes fifth most liked of all time
- Jorginho vows to bring fresh style to Chelsea
- Robson: Mourinho took a dig at Pogba in press conference
- Liverpool seal deal for Alisson in world-record goalkeeper transfer
- Cheery up, Mourinho!
- Hislop: Usain Bolt to the A-League is a marketing ploy
- Wilshere hoping to boost England chances with West Ham move
- French World Cup ace Pavard may join Bayern before new season
- Liverpool close in on record €75m deal for Brazil’s Alisson
- Cristiano Ronaldo move to Juventus influenced by Spain tax rate - La Liga chief
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Paul Pogba answered Manchester United critics at World Cup
- Liverpool giving medical to Alisson ahead of 'significant' transfer - Monchi
- Leicester City in talks with Liverpool goalkeeper Danny Ward - source
- Zinedine Zidane has never been considered as France coach - FFF boss
- Petr Cech fully focused on Arsenal, no Chelsea offers on table - agent
- Mourinho worried by Man United’s ‘very bad’ pre-season
- Balogun eager to kickoff new EPL campaign with Brighton
- ‘We have to collect their bones’: Klopp fears post-World Cup injury woe
- Arsenal youngster Nwakali joins Porto on loan
- French envoy angry at joke that ‘Africa won the World Cup’
- Transfer Talk LIVE: Chelsea and Milan in Alvaro Morata, Gianluigi Donnarumma swap
- Guikan brace sends Gor flying past Yanga
- Transfer Talk LIVE: Manchester United lining up Robert Lewandowski, Thiago moves
- Spending 22 years at Arsenal, my biggest mistake –Wenger
- Athletes kick as AFN hands off domestic competitions
- Russia 2018 Tit Bits: A lesson for African (mis)leaders
- Joshua ready to prove his worth against Povetkin
- Enyimba beat Williamsville 1-0 in Confed Cup
- AYG: Nigeria draw Morocco, Libya in football
- Turkey, Hungary, United States clubs join Central Coast Mariners' race to sign Usain Bolt
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United lining up Robert Lewandowski, Thiago moves