Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is "really frustrated" that he can't play in the Europa League, and says the lack of regular games has made it more difficult to settle in at the club.
Aubameyang joined in a club-record deal from Borussia Dortmund in January but is cup-tied in the Europa League as the German side are in the knockout stages as well.
"I am really frustrated because the rules are a bit... I don't know how to say in English, but I am disappointed because I can't help my team," Aubameyang told reporters. "That's life. I have to deal with it."
Aubameyang has three goals in five Premier League games so far -- including two in his last two. But he said the longer breaks between games have made it more difficult to get into a rhythm in England.
"When I was in Dortmund, I was playing every three days but now I play once a week or have a long time between games. It is not easy," he said.
Aubameyang was given an early taste of the turmoil that often surrounds Arsenal after they lost four of his first five starts -- including the North London derby against Tottenham and the Carabao Cup final to Manchester City.
That has served to ramp up pressure even more on manager Arsene Wenger, whose future looks increasingly uncertain, but Gabon international Aubameyang insisted he's happy with his move to the Emirates and gave his backing to Wenger.
"Of course I am really happy because I am here because of him," Aubameyang said. "He had the interest in me so I am happy to play for him."
Mattias is ESPN FC's Arsenal correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @MattiasKaren.
Latest Nigeria News
- Sanchez admits to rough start at Man United
- CAF Champions League group draw
- Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann: Future will be decided before World Cup
- Ousmane Dembele needs right attitude to make it at Barcelona - Xavi
- Javi Martinez: Spain boss Julen Lopetegui hasn't explained squad snub to me
- Prosecutor seeks five-year jail for Xabi Alonso over tax fraud
- Manchester United's Luke Shaw being monitored by Everton - sources
- 'Outrageous' dive by Chilean player set to lead to punishment
- Transfer Rater: Hector Bellerin to Manchester United, Nabil Fekir to Arsenal
- Man United discuss song sheets to boost Old Trafford atmosphere at fan forum
- Xabi Alonso tax fraud case: Spanish prosecutors seek five-year sentence
- Usman targets ABU title at GOtv Boxing Night
- Nigerians suffer humiliating defeats at Lagos Squash Classics
- Why I’m the best in the world – Ronaldo
- Mikel doubtful, Etebo out as Moses, Ighalo hit Poland
- I would like to play with Neymar – Pogba
- World Cup squads: Who is on the plane to Russia, and who is in limbo?
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo asked about life in China - Luiz Felipe Scolari
- Brazil, PSG doctors in 'total harmony' on Neymar injury - Rodrigo Lasmar
- Starbucks food, sweeteners banned at England team hotel - source
- Transfer Rater: Mohamed Salah to Barcelona, Aaron Ramsey to Manchester United
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea among many interested in Toby Alderweireld
- Ronaldo's 2002 World Cup haircut was a deliberate distraction
- Man United's Luke Shaw can still be among 'best in the world' - Ashley Young
- Lionel Messi trains with Argentina teammates at Manchester City facility
- Putting Ronaldo's form into context
- Messi joins Argentina training ahead of Italy clash
- From non-league to World Cup, Pope dreams of keeping for England
- French Open champions to receive record €2.2m
- Pogba misses France training
- CAF Confederation Cup play-offs draw seeding
- Super Eagles camp abuzz for friendlies against Poland, Serbia
- Four countries weigh diplomatic snub of Russia’s World Cup
- Draw Procedures for Interclubs Group Phase
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record