Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is "really frustrated" that he can't play in the Europa League, and says the lack of regular games has made it more difficult to settle in at the club.
Aubameyang joined in a club-record deal from Borussia Dortmund in January but is cup-tied in the Europa League as the German side are in the knockout stages as well.
"I am really frustrated because the rules are a bit... I don't know how to say in English, but I am disappointed because I can't help my team," Aubameyang told reporters. "That's life. I have to deal with it."
Aubameyang has three goals in five Premier League games so far -- including two in his last two. But he said the longer breaks between games have made it more difficult to get into a rhythm in England.
"When I was in Dortmund, I was playing every three days but now I play once a week or have a long time between games. It is not easy," he said.
Aubameyang was given an early taste of the turmoil that often surrounds Arsenal after they lost four of his first five starts -- including the North London derby against Tottenham and the Carabao Cup final to Manchester City.
That has served to ramp up pressure even more on manager Arsene Wenger, whose future looks increasingly uncertain, but Gabon international Aubameyang insisted he's happy with his move to the Emirates and gave his backing to Wenger.
"Of course I am really happy because I am here because of him," Aubameyang said. "He had the interest in me so I am happy to play for him."
Mattias is ESPN FC's Arsenal correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @MattiasKaren.
Latest Nigeria News
- Cristiano Ronaldo, not Lionel Messi, the closest thing to Diego Maradona right now
- Liverpool departure came a year too soon - Steven Gerrard
- Cristiano Ronaldo pleads with Iran fans outside Portugal hotel to let him sleep
- England's Harry Kane wants to start vs. Belgium as Gareth Southgate considers rotating squad
- LIVE World Cup
- Paul Pogba: 'Apparently you are not allowed to have a hairstyle and play football'
- Mohamed Salah has not spoken about quitting national team - Egyptian FA
- Egypt's Essam El-Hadary now World Cup's oldest-ever player, saves penalty
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester United, Man City locked in race to sign Kylian Mbappe
- Robert Lewandowski on Poland exit: Clearly not enough quality to contend
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United, Man City locked in race to sign Kylian Mbappe
- Ronaldo, not Messi, the closest thing to Diego Maradona right now
- World Cup LIVE: England storm through; Colombia and Poland must win; Japan vs. Senegal
- Harry Kane hat trick, John Stones brace keys England romp vs. Panama
- Kane, Lingard impress for mature England
- Mohamed Salah considering quitting Egypt team over Ramzan Kadyrov row - sources
- Keisuke Honda comes off bench to earn Japan 2-2 draw with Senegal
- Harry Kane: 'It's all coming together for England' after Panama rout
- Gareth Southgate wouldn't swap Harry Kane for anyone after hat trick
- England's Gareth Southgate must resist temptation to change vs. Belgium
- World Cup group permutations: Who can qualify for the Round of 16?
- Colombia recover from opening defeat to eliminate Poland with big win
- Transfer Talk: Barcelona line up ¬70m Thiago Alcantara move amid Real Madrid interest
- Federer beats Kudla to reach 12th Halle final
- Pinnick dedicates Eagles’ win to Buhari
- Plane carrying Peru fans suffers engine failure
- Supporters mount pressure on CSKA for Musa return
- We are focused on Argentina game, says Mikel
- Kroos's winner gives Germany belief
- Toni Kroos: Critics in Germany were hoping we'd crash out of World Cup
- Sweden boss Janne Andersson accuses Germany bench of 'rubbing in' win
- FIFA opens disciplinary case over Xherdan Shaqiri, Granit Xhaka celebrations
- Neymar 'cursed me a lot' in Brazil's World Cup win against Costa Rica - Thiago Silva
- Toni Kroos' late heroics keep Germany's knockout-stage hopes alive
- I am not a failure at Leicester – Ahmed Musa
- World Cup: Tidy Japan fans make us proud, says Southampton’s Yoshida
- World Cup heading for record number of penalties
- Korea vs Mexico: The Mexicans and their World Cup cardboard cutout friend
- World Cup 2018: Etebo too good to play for our club – Stoke fans
- Belgium's Romelu Lukaku first to score back-to-back World Cup braces since Maradona