Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is "really frustrated" that he can't play in the Europa League, and says the lack of regular games has made it more difficult to settle in at the club.
Aubameyang joined in a club-record deal from Borussia Dortmund in January but is cup-tied in the Europa League as the German side are in the knockout stages as well.
"I am really frustrated because the rules are a bit... I don't know how to say in English, but I am disappointed because I can't help my team," Aubameyang told reporters. "That's life. I have to deal with it."
Aubameyang has three goals in five Premier League games so far -- including two in his last two. But he said the longer breaks between games have made it more difficult to get into a rhythm in England.
"When I was in Dortmund, I was playing every three days but now I play once a week or have a long time between games. It is not easy," he said.
Aubameyang was given an early taste of the turmoil that often surrounds Arsenal after they lost four of his first five starts -- including the North London derby against Tottenham and the Carabao Cup final to Manchester City.
That has served to ramp up pressure even more on manager Arsene Wenger, whose future looks increasingly uncertain, but Gabon international Aubameyang insisted he's happy with his move to the Emirates and gave his backing to Wenger.
"Of course I am really happy because I am here because of him," Aubameyang said. "He had the interest in me so I am happy to play for him."
Mattias is ESPN FC's Arsenal correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @MattiasKaren.
Latest Nigeria News
- Dominika Cibulkova knocks Halep out of Wuhan Open
- Pogba can never be Man United captain again —Mourinho
- VIDEO: Nigeria’s D’Tigress thrash Argentina
- Oxford United 0-3 Man City: Mahrez scoring continues
- West Brom 0-3 Crystal Palace: Townsend dazzles
- Inter Milan 2-1 Fiorentina: D'Ambrosio delivers for Nerazzurri
- Tottenham's new stadium to be ready before Christmas - Mauricio Pochettino
- Phil Foden 9/10 as Man City rout Oxford United in Carabao Cup
- Derby County knock out Man United, increase the pressure on Jose Mourinho
- Inter Milan earn lucky win against Fiorentina despite second-half lapse
- Can Harare City's Muyambo become Zimbabwe's next great defensive midfielder?
- Manchester United 2-2 Derby County: Derby through on penalties
- Manchester City teenager Phil Foden can star for club for 10 years - Pep Guardiola
- Real Madrid’s midfielder to miss derby due to appendix surgery
- Sarri will help Hazard reach his potential, insists Zola
- Chelsea are realistic title contenders –Liverpool’s Klopp
- Andy Murray wins first round at Shenzhen Open
- Newcastle boss Benitez charged over ref comments
- Nigeria to move Libya clash to Uyo
- Young Galaxy fan delivers impressive national anthem
- Jose Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again - sources
- Messi is the greatest ever despite The Best snub, says Samuel Eto'o
- Barcelona's Ernesto Valverde: Award shows turning football into 'show business'
- FIFA to introduce reforms for transfers, loans once they receive approval
- Hislop: No end to Mourinho-Pogba feud
- Mourinho's marvels past & present
- Transfer Rater: Real eyeing Fekir? Sane to Juventus?
- Serie A Predictor: Roma and Milan to halt slide?
- Run NFF as modern football organisation, Balogun advises Pinnick
- FIFA to reintroduce agent licences
- Manchester United expect higher revenue, core earnings for 2019
- Players have times they don’t score, Klopp defends Salah
- Wozniacki, Kerber off to fast start at Wuhan Open
- Cousin appointed sole Gabon coach after Aubameyang’s father rejects job
- 2018 Maritime Cup starts
- Police athletics trials set to hold
- Modric named world’s best,ends Ronaldo-Messi reign
- Stoke star fathers three children in six weeks
- Joshua reveals illness
- Red Bulls' Robles & Davis showcase FIFA 19 skills