Valencia general director Mateu Alemany expects Andreas Pereira to remain at the club until at least next summer, despite Manchester United having an option to recall the 21-year-old midfielder in January.
Pereira joined Valencia on a one-year loan deal in the summer in search of playing time and has made 13 La Liga appearances, seven as a starter, since the move.
Alemany said in a news conference: "His future depends on Manchester United. They have a deadline in early January which is in the hands of United and the player. We need to be prepared if this situation arises but I have no news that in January he could return there. We are very happy with him."
Pereira impressed while on loan at Granada last season, where he scored five goals and set up three more in 34 La Liga starts.
United coach Jose Mourinho said he was disappointed Pereira chose to join Valencia on loan instead of fighting for a starting place at Old Trafford this season.
Pereira signed a one-year contract extension with United shortly after arriving at Valencia and is tied to the Red Devils until June 2019.
The Brazil under-21 international said last month he would like to remain at Valencia beyond June 2018.
Valencia have enjoyed a strong campaign so far and are second in La Liga, five points adrift of league leaders Barcelona, heading into Saturday's game at Eibar.
Adriana Garcia is a Valencia-based football writer who covers La Liga for ESPN FC.
Latest Nigeria News
- [VIDEO] Police arrest football fan suspected of urinating into goalie’s bottle
- Sanchez ‘arrives at Man Utd training ground’
- Real hit back at crisis talk, beat Deportivo 7-1
- Start list: Sudan VS Morocco
- Start list: Mauritania VS Guinea
- Liverpool stars would not join a Premier League rival mid-season - Klopp
- Sanchez to undergo United medical - sources
- Chelsea eye Edin Dzeko, Emerson Palmieri deals with Roma - sources
- Harry Kane waits on century as Tottenham held to draw at Southampton
- Harry Kane scores but Spurs, Southampton settle for draw
- Tottenham would resist world-record bid for Harry Kane - source
- Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez to undergo Manchester United medical - sources
- Watford sack Silva after ‘unwarranted’ Everton approach
- Sanchez, Mkhitaryan set for medicals ahead of swap deal
- Arsenal talks for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang yet to being - Dortmund
- Watford appear to blame Everton for sacking Marco Silva after eight months
- LIVE: 'No Easy Way Out' for Sanchez
- N’Korea to send 22 athletes to Olympics
- Asisat Oshoala : Living the dream
- Ruthless Wozniacki, Cilic into Open quarters
- CHAN: Libya gave Eagles tough time, says Eze
- Congo confirm last eight spot
- Sepp Blatter told Obama U.S. lost 2022 World Cup bid before vote
- Roma, Internazionale to do battle for Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge
- Weah scores in friendly, promises Liberians peace
- Chelsea return to winning ways
- Federer keeps 20th Grand Slam hope alive
- VIOLENCE, OFFICIATING RAISE CONCERNS IN NEW NPFL SEASON
- Ambode vows to tackle Lagos roadside waste
- Start List: Angola VS Cameroon
- Pre-match quotes: Sudan vs Morocco
- Pre-match quotes: Mauritania vs Guinea
- Start list: Congo vs Burkina Faso
- Job penalty send Cameroon packing
- Philippe Coutinho trains with Barca for first time, eyes Espanyol debut
- Neymar again left out of PSG squad with pain in thigh
- Hazard nets 100th EPL goal with Chelsea opener
- Neymar is a great player loved by everyone – Zidane
- Arsenal offer Dortmund $61.1m for Aubameyang
- Mourinho confident Sanchez will sign for United