Chapecoense beat Zulia 2-1 in the Copa Libertadores as the Brazilian club took part in an overseas fixture for the first time since the devastating plane crash which killed most of their squad.
Only six of the 77 people who were travelling to Colombia survived the tragedy in November, including three Chapecoense players - goalkeeper Jackson Follmann, defender Neto and winger Alan Ruschel.
In total 19 players and 24 other club members died as the plane crashed into a mountain near the city of Medellin.
The team had been on its way to take part in the Copa Sudamerica final - and were subsequently named winners of the competition after the incident.
On an emotional night in north-east Venezuela, Neto and Ruschel were named in the squad but did not feature.
Reinaldo opened the scoring and Luiz Antonio doubled the lead with 21 minutes remaining at Estadio Jose Encarnacion Pachencho Romero.
Juan Arango pulled a goal back nine minutes later but Chapecoense claimed an historic victory, just over three months since the disaster.
Chapecoense drew 2-2 against Brazilian champions Palmeiras in their first match since the air disaster in January.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ronaldo penalty puts Juventus ahead
- Moreno: Pogba should play vs. Liverpool
- Torino 0-1 Juventus: Ronaldo wins Turin derby
- Dortmund's Marco Reus plays like 'Ferrari' in middle of field - Nuri Sahin
- Karim Benzema nets early winner as Real Madrid edge Rayo Vallecano
- Modric shows off Ballon d'Or in 8/10 showing as Madrid hold on vs. Rayo
- Real Madrid boss Santi Solari plays down supporters' whistles and boos
- Spurs scrape win, City back on top
- Fulham 0-2 West Ham: Hammers continue winning ways
- Heracles 0-3 PSV: PSV take care of business
- Crystal Palace 1-0 Leicester: Milivojevic stunner
- Tottenham 1-0 Burnley: Eriksen rescues Spurs
- Huddersfield 0-1 Newcastle: Rondon leads the way
- Wolves 2-0 Bournemouth: Jiménez on target
- Barcelona's Dembele, Coutinho dilemma an 'advantage' - Valverde
- Smalling signs new Man United contract through to 2022
- Icardi puts Inter up with Panenka
- Watford 3-2 Cardiff: Thriller at Vicarage Road
- Inter 1-0 Udinese: Cheeky Icardi wins it
- Mauro Icardi's Panenka penalty gives Inter Milan win over Udinese
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Arsenal to snap up Barcelona's Denis Suarez to replace Aaron Ramsey?
- Liverpool legend John Arne Riise: I'd rather play for Jurgen Klopp than Jose Mourinho
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino gets ASEAN backing for re-election
- Liverpool keeper Alisson: Napoli save was like scoring winning goal
- Does Liverpool-Man United have the makings of a dull match?
- Sheffield United 1-2 West Brom: Baggies up to 3rd
- Which Milan side had a worse week in Europe?
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery working on plan to solve centre-back crisis
- Toronto FC trades GK Clint Irwin to Colorado Rapids for 2019 draft pick
- Extra Time: Alisson vs. De Gea, and Adrian Healey push-ups
- ESPN FC Best of the Week
- David Villa posts emotional farewell to city of New York, NYCFC, fans ahead of his move to Japan
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Loftus-Cheek a loan target for West Ham, Bournemouth
- Burley: Mourinho's mentality is one of excuses
- La Liga Predictor: Can Real Madrid bounce back?
- Transfer Rater: Zidane to Premier League? Morata to Barca?
- Caleb Porter nearing Columbus Crew deal
- AEK Athens to reimburse Bayern Munich ¬32k for ticket-price violation as Greek FA fined
- AC Milan fined ¬12m by UEFA, threatened with one-year European ban
- Ex-Uruguay striker Sebastian 'Loco' Abreu extends world record, joins Brazil's Rio Branco