Things change in the blink of an eye in football. The Football Whispers Index takes the latest transfer rumours and gives them a score out of five; the higher the score, the more realistic and reliable the Whisper.
Here are today's top five emerging whispers. And keep an eye on Transfer Talk for all the latest gossip.
Nathan Ake to Manchester City
Ake's performances have attracted interest from the Premier League's elite and Manchester City have joined the race to sign the Dutchman, according to the Daily Mail. Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur were linked with a £40 million move for the Bournemouth defender last week but Pep Guardiola is an admirer and City could launch a bid in January. Chelsea, however, have first option on their former centre-back.
Kalidou Koulibaly to Manchester United
Jose Mourinho is still attempting to convince the Red Devils hierarchy to fund a January move for a starting centre-back and, according to The Times, Napoli's Koulibaly would be his first option if given the green light. The report claims that although the Senegal international only signed a new contract in August, he would be keen to make a switch to the Premier League.
Joachim Andersen to Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham are considering launching a January move for Sampdoria defender Joachim Andersen, who they believe can become the long-term replacement for Toby Alderweireld. According to The Sun, Spurs would make an opening offer of under £25m for the defender as he only has 18 months on his contract and isn't interested in signing a new deal with the Italian side.
Wilmar Barrios to Tottenham Hotspur
Defence isn't the only position Spurs, who didn't sign a single player in the summer transfer window, are supposedly interested in improving. According to Argentine outlet Crack Deportivo, they are in the hunt for Boca Juniors' star Barrios. The report claims the Colombian midfielder has already agreed terms with Mauricio Pochettino's side and would cost around £23m.
Callum Hudson-Odoi to Borussia Dortmund
After the incredible success of Jadon Sancho in the Bundesliga, the German club are ready to launch moves for England's other young stars. And according to the Daily Mirror, Chelsea's 17-year-old winger, who is out of contract in 2020, is one of several players BVB are monitoring. Liverpool's young striker Bobby Duncan is also being considered while Phil Foden was linked with Dortmund last week.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ronaldo penalty puts Juventus ahead
- Moreno: Pogba should play vs. Liverpool
- Torino 0-1 Juventus: Ronaldo wins Turin derby
- Dortmund's Marco Reus plays like 'Ferrari' in middle of field - Nuri Sahin
- Karim Benzema nets early winner as Real Madrid edge Rayo Vallecano
- Modric shows off Ballon d'Or in 8/10 showing as Madrid hold on vs. Rayo
- Real Madrid boss Santi Solari plays down supporters' whistles and boos
- Spurs scrape win, City back on top
- Fulham 0-2 West Ham: Hammers continue winning ways
- Heracles 0-3 PSV: PSV take care of business
- Crystal Palace 1-0 Leicester: Milivojevic stunner
- Tottenham 1-0 Burnley: Eriksen rescues Spurs
- Huddersfield 0-1 Newcastle: Rondon leads the way
- Wolves 2-0 Bournemouth: Jiménez on target
- Barcelona's Dembele, Coutinho dilemma an 'advantage' - Valverde
- Smalling signs new Man United contract through to 2022
- Icardi puts Inter up with Panenka
- Watford 3-2 Cardiff: Thriller at Vicarage Road
- Inter 1-0 Udinese: Cheeky Icardi wins it
- Mauro Icardi's Panenka penalty gives Inter Milan win over Udinese
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Arsenal to snap up Barcelona's Denis Suarez to replace Aaron Ramsey?
- Liverpool legend John Arne Riise: I'd rather play for Jurgen Klopp than Jose Mourinho
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino gets ASEAN backing for re-election
- Liverpool keeper Alisson: Napoli save was like scoring winning goal
- Does Liverpool-Man United have the makings of a dull match?
- Sheffield United 1-2 West Brom: Baggies up to 3rd
- Which Milan side had a worse week in Europe?
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery working on plan to solve centre-back crisis
- Toronto FC trades GK Clint Irwin to Colorado Rapids for 2019 draft pick
- Extra Time: Alisson vs. De Gea, and Adrian Healey push-ups
- ESPN FC Best of the Week
- David Villa posts emotional farewell to city of New York, NYCFC, fans ahead of his move to Japan
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Loftus-Cheek a loan target for West Ham, Bournemouth
- Burley: Mourinho's mentality is one of excuses
- La Liga Predictor: Can Real Madrid bounce back?
- Transfer Rater: Zidane to Premier League? Morata to Barca?
- Caleb Porter nearing Columbus Crew deal
- AEK Athens to reimburse Bayern Munich ¬32k for ticket-price violation as Greek FA fined
- AC Milan fined ¬12m by UEFA, threatened with one-year European ban
- Ex-Uruguay striker Sebastian 'Loco' Abreu extends world record, joins Brazil's Rio Branco