Deryck Shaw, New Zealand Football's (NZF) president, has resigned after failing to appropriately deal with a bullying scandal in the national women's team.
In July, 13 players refused to play for the team, forcing Andreas Heraf to resign as head coach and technical director. And an independent panel later concluded that the Austrian had "bullied and harassed" players.
Then NZF chief Andy Martin was also forced to resign and Shaw has now decided to step down. Shaw apologised after failing to tackle the allegations and has said leaving is the "right thing to do."
"It is appropriate that I resign from my role as president to allow football to move forward," he said. "This is my decision as the head of the organisation and it is the right thing to do."
Shaw's assistant Phil Barry will replace him until the next NZF congress in 2019.
Latest Nigeria News
- Shaka's top five goalkeepers in the world
- Transfer Rater: Gunners going for defence
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona
- Tottenham confirm home match with Manchester United to be played at Wembley
- Liverpool's Joel Matip out six weeks with broken collarbone
- Luciano Spalletti carries the can for Inter's Champions League implosion
- Chelsea's 2012 Champions League commemorative jersey unveiled to unfavourable reviews
- Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles: I suffered racial abuse when I was 12
- Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths to take time out from football
- Wayne Rooney's visit to White House with President Trump's son 'apolitical' - source
- Emery confirms Koscielny's return against Qarabag
- Manchester United's Shola Shoretire, 14, youngest player in UEFA Youth League
- Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari and Gareth Bale could leave Bernabeu - John Toshack
- PSG finish top of Champions League group by putting in the 'invisible work' and playing as a team
- Van Dijk hails Alisson's Liverpool heroics
- Tuchel: Champions League shows PSG can handle pressure
- Pochettino: Spurs achieved 'mission impossible' to reach UCL knockouts
- Mourinho: Pogba needs a response to being dropped
- Fenerbahce president scraps players' flights after defeat deepens relegation worries - source
- Klopp 'full of adrenaline' after Napoli win
- Allegri: Chiellini injures himself just by looking at artificial turf
- Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk believes challenge on Napoli's Dries Mertens was fair
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Kovac: Bayern must end negativity with Ajax win
- Mourinho 'unaware' of agent's statement
- Red Star Belgrade gets loud support from tennis star Novak Djokovic
- PSG's Thomas Tuchel lauds team for finishing top of Champions League group
- 'Proud' Central Coast Mariners determined to avoid worst A-League start record
- Barbarouses backs Troisi and Antonis for Asian Cup
- Melbourne Victory's Keisuke Honda, Natasha Dowie win PFA Player of the Month awards
- Kylian Mbappe 8/10 as Paris Saint-Germain defeat Red Star to clinch top spot
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United's Marcus Rashford an AC Milan target
- Extra Time: Happy Birthday, Steve Nicol!
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has 'no words' for Alisson save vs. Napoli
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Liverpool and Tottenham progress in UCL
- Tottenham's result against Barcelona never 'mission impossible' - Mauricio Pochettino
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Cruz Azul
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Club America
- New York Red Bulls sign defender Tim Parker to three-year deal - sources