Gernot Rohr has stressed the importance of a Nigerian victory against Libya in Saturday's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo, but is confident that his side can live up to the occasion.
The Super Eagles may have defeated the Seychelles away in last month's qualifier, but they are finding themselves under increasing pressure to take all three points against the table-toppers in front of their own fans.
Libya's currently lead Group E on four points after thumping the Seychelles before demonstrating their obduracy by taking a point from South Africa in Durban on September 8.
"I don't see it as pressure," Rohr told KweséESPN. "I see it as a pleasure to be playing this game, and I know that by the end of these two matches, we hope to be closer to qualifying for the Nations Cup.
"This is a very important game for us, because we lost our first game against South Africa," he added. "That means we have to win, so we to go out and to attack to win this game.
"We have to be very careful, because they are very organised defensively, and very strong in the counterattack."
For Watford striker Isaac Success, making his return to the squad in light of some improved fortunes in Hertfordshire, the desire to end Nigeria's wait for an AFCON appearance ought to be the major motivating factor for the squad.
"We have missed two Nations Cup tournaments," Success tells KweséESPN. "The Nations Cup is a big tournament and it is my dream to play there.
"A country as big as Nigeria cannot afford to miss out again, and we have to do everything to qualify."
The Super Eagles were absent from the 2015 and 2017 editions of the tournament, having won their third title in 2013.
Latest Nigeria News
- Shaka's top five goalkeepers in the world
- Transfer Rater: Gunners going for defence
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona
- Tottenham confirm home match with Manchester United to be played at Wembley
- Liverpool's Joel Matip out six weeks with broken collarbone
- Luciano Spalletti carries the can for Inter's Champions League implosion
- Chelsea's 2012 Champions League commemorative jersey unveiled to unfavourable reviews
- Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles: I suffered racial abuse when I was 12
- Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths to take time out from football
- Wayne Rooney's visit to White House with President Trump's son 'apolitical' - source
- Emery confirms Koscielny's return against Qarabag
- Manchester United's Shola Shoretire, 14, youngest player in UEFA Youth League
- Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari and Gareth Bale could leave Bernabeu - John Toshack
- PSG finish top of Champions League group by putting in the 'invisible work' and playing as a team
- Van Dijk hails Alisson's Liverpool heroics
- Tuchel: Champions League shows PSG can handle pressure
- Pochettino: Spurs achieved 'mission impossible' to reach UCL knockouts
- Mourinho: Pogba needs a response to being dropped
- Fenerbahce president scraps players' flights after defeat deepens relegation worries - source
- Klopp 'full of adrenaline' after Napoli win
- Allegri: Chiellini injures himself just by looking at artificial turf
- Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk believes challenge on Napoli's Dries Mertens was fair
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Kovac: Bayern must end negativity with Ajax win
- Mourinho 'unaware' of agent's statement
- Red Star Belgrade gets loud support from tennis star Novak Djokovic
- PSG's Thomas Tuchel lauds team for finishing top of Champions League group
- 'Proud' Central Coast Mariners determined to avoid worst A-League start record
- Barbarouses backs Troisi and Antonis for Asian Cup
- Melbourne Victory's Keisuke Honda, Natasha Dowie win PFA Player of the Month awards
- Kylian Mbappe 8/10 as Paris Saint-Germain defeat Red Star to clinch top spot
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United's Marcus Rashford an AC Milan target
- Extra Time: Happy Birthday, Steve Nicol!
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has 'no words' for Alisson save vs. Napoli
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Liverpool and Tottenham progress in UCL
- Tottenham's result against Barcelona never 'mission impossible' - Mauricio Pochettino
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Cruz Azul
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Club America
- New York Red Bulls sign defender Tim Parker to three-year deal - sources