The result of Nigeria's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Libya this weekend is almost all that matters for the Super Eagles as they look to boost their hopes of featuring in Cameroon.
However, there are many more subplots and unanswered questions that Gernot Rohr and his side must address in front of their own fans on Saturday.
Can Isaac Success justify Rohr's faith?
Isaac Success has deservedly returned to the fold, and now has the opportunity to realise the immense potential he's shown since his U-17 days.
He is unlikely to start, with an in-form Odion Ighalo standing in his way, but could have a lot to offer off the bench if Nigeria are struggling to break Libya down.
Team sources tell KweséESPN that Rohr has been impressed with Success's talent and attitude in camp, while the forward himself insists he's turned a new leaf and is raring to go.
Can he show enough consistency to become a permanent fixture in the Super Eagles?
Does Kalu keep his place?
Another rookie who has impressed Rohr is Bordeaux winger Samuel Kalu.
His searing pace and near impeccable technique make him almost the ideal replacement for the recently retired Victor Moses.
Rohr has become such a big fan that it would be something of a surprise if he drops him to the bench for Libya, although, he may have little choice.
Ahmed Musa has made himself a sure starter, and Alex Iwobi is in some fine form at Arsenal.
Kalu's only hope of getting a place in the starting XI is if Rohr decides to move Iwobi central behind Ighalo, and play the Bordeaux man on the right side of attack.
This could leave Kelechi Iheanacho as the odd man out, and destined for a spot on the bench.
Will Rohr go for two up front?
Rohr has a plethora of attacking players to choose from as he goes in search of goals, but his 4-3-3 formation means that his personnel options can be limited.
If he were to play three at the back, however, he could then open the door to playing two forwards, supported by two further offensive players.
It's a strategy that has the potential to blow the opposition away, but Rohr is more of a pragmatist than a risk-taker, and is more likely to stick with his familiar back four.
Nonetheless, two up top is an appealing prospect if things don't go the Eagles' way.
Who will play in attacking midfield?
Rohr has plenty of options as he looks to give his midfield a creative edge and identify the player best placed to replace John Obi Mikel.
Oghenekaro Etebo, Kelechi Iheanacho or Iwobi could slot in as the most advanced player in the midfield triangle ahead of John Ogu and Ogenyi Onazi in deeper roles.
While Iwobi's form at Arsenal might give him the edge, Iheanacho has been used as a central support for Jamie Vardy at Leicester City, and Rohr could be tempted to utilise him in support of Ighalo once again.
Can Jamilu Collins push Brian Idowu?
Since making his debut - and finding the net - against Argentina in a friendly, Idowu has failed to replicate that form or impact in his subsequent eight outings.
It explains why Rohr has opted to go left-back searching, settling upon Paderborn defender Jamilu Collins and Torino's Ola Aina to put pressure on Idowu.
Collins demonstrated composure and astute positioning when he made his debut against the Seychelles and could have found the net. Will he be given another opportunity in a much stiffer fixture?
Latest Nigeria News
- Shaka's top five goalkeepers in the world
- Transfer Rater: Gunners going for defence
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona
- Tottenham confirm home match with Manchester United to be played at Wembley
- Liverpool's Joel Matip out six weeks with broken collarbone
- Luciano Spalletti carries the can for Inter's Champions League implosion
- Chelsea's 2012 Champions League commemorative jersey unveiled to unfavourable reviews
- Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles: I suffered racial abuse when I was 12
- Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths to take time out from football
- Wayne Rooney's visit to White House with President Trump's son 'apolitical' - source
- Emery confirms Koscielny's return against Qarabag
- Manchester United's Shola Shoretire, 14, youngest player in UEFA Youth League
- Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari and Gareth Bale could leave Bernabeu - John Toshack
- PSG finish top of Champions League group by putting in the 'invisible work' and playing as a team
- Van Dijk hails Alisson's Liverpool heroics
- Tuchel: Champions League shows PSG can handle pressure
- Pochettino: Spurs achieved 'mission impossible' to reach UCL knockouts
- Mourinho: Pogba needs a response to being dropped
- Fenerbahce president scraps players' flights after defeat deepens relegation worries - source
- Klopp 'full of adrenaline' after Napoli win
- Allegri: Chiellini injures himself just by looking at artificial turf
- Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk believes challenge on Napoli's Dries Mertens was fair
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Kovac: Bayern must end negativity with Ajax win
- Mourinho 'unaware' of agent's statement
- Red Star Belgrade gets loud support from tennis star Novak Djokovic
- PSG's Thomas Tuchel lauds team for finishing top of Champions League group
- 'Proud' Central Coast Mariners determined to avoid worst A-League start record
- Barbarouses backs Troisi and Antonis for Asian Cup
- Melbourne Victory's Keisuke Honda, Natasha Dowie win PFA Player of the Month awards
- Kylian Mbappe 8/10 as Paris Saint-Germain defeat Red Star to clinch top spot
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United's Marcus Rashford an AC Milan target
- Extra Time: Happy Birthday, Steve Nicol!
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has 'no words' for Alisson save vs. Napoli
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Liverpool and Tottenham progress in UCL
- Tottenham's result against Barcelona never 'mission impossible' - Mauricio Pochettino
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Cruz Azul
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Club America
- New York Red Bulls sign defender Tim Parker to three-year deal - sources