Israel fought back to beat Scotland 2-1 thanks to a late own goal from Kieran Tierney as the visitors finished with 10 men in an eventful UEFA Nations League game on Thursday.
Tierney sliced the ball into his own net after 75 minutes to complete the home side's comeback after they had conceded an early penalty in the League C, Group 1 clash.
Scotland lead the section on goal difference from Israel and Albania with the teams level on three points after two games.
Scotland went ahead in the 25th minute when Charlie Mulgrew sent goalkeeper Ariel Harush the wrong way with a penalty after midfielder Dor Peretz had barged Steven Naismith in the back.
The goal sparked Israel into life and their dominance paid off after the break when Peretz slotted an equaliser past keeper Allan McGregor in the 52nd to atone for his earlier error.
After Scotland defender John Souttar was sent off for a second yellow card in the 61st minute, Israel had a host of chances but only took the lead when Tierney put through his own goal.
It was Israel's first win under new Austrian coach Andreas Herzog. Their only other victory in almost a year was 3-0 over Albania in a meaningless World Cup qualifier last November.
Israel face Albania in Beersheba on Sunday, having lost 1-0 to them in their opening Nations League game on Herzog's debut in September before a 3-0 friendly loss to Northern Ireland.
Latest Nigeria News
- INT VS MIL
- Mauro Icardi's late goal sees Inter past AC Milan in derby
- Inter 1-0 Milan: Icardi the derby hero again
- Atlanta United 2-1 Chicago Fire: Supporters' Shield within reach
- 'Hand of God' goal gives Dynamos priceless win
- Atlanta United beat Chicago Fire to secure CONCACAF Champions League spot
- Acosta sets up Rooney as D.C. United take the lead
- ATL VS CHI
- Chicago gifts Atlanta the lead back with own goal
- Chievo 1-5 Atalanta: Ilicic hat trick
- Juventus' Emre Can may need surgery on thyroid nodule
- Bologna 2-2 Torino: Bologna roar back
- Parma 0-2 Lazio: Lazio leave it late
- Chiefs advance in Telkom Knockout after shoot-out win
- Should Mourinho change his tactical approach?
- Everton snatch points with late goals after Crystal Palace penalty woe
- Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace: Toffees take 3 points
- Fiorentina 1-1 Cagliari: Fiorentina drop first home points
- Martial blast Man United level
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery: I wanted to bring Alexandre Lacazette to PSG
- Cristiano Ronaldo 7/10 as Juventus drop points for first time this season
- AFF Cup's importance to world football is growing with each edition
- Melbourne City's win despite 12 absentees shows 'tremendous amount of resilience' - Warren Joyce
- Keisuke Honda's Melbourne Victory debut delivers welcome boost for A-League
- Phoenix 2 - 1 Jets: VAR helps Wellington edge Newcastle
- Usain Bolt offered full-time Central Coast Mariners contract - agent
- Roar 1 - 1 Mariners: Wasteful Brisbane make do with draw
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester City join chase for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake
- Anthony Martial insists relationship with Jose Mourinho is good
- Zlatan reminds SVP of his God-like status
- CHE VS MAN
- Victory 1 - 2 City: City win controversial derby
- CHE VS MAN
- Ola Aina backs John Terry to be a coaching hit at Aston Villa
- Real Madrid avoid setting new goal-drought record in home defeat to Levante
- Martial curler puts Man United ahead
- Last-gasp Ross Barkley strike saves point for Chelsea against Manchester United
- Chelsea equaliser sparks Mourinho melee
- Real Madrid defence suffer as Raphael Varane 3/10, Sergio Ramos 4/10 stand out
- New boss Henry sees Monaco slump to 2-1 Strasbourg defeat