The transfer window for all of Europe's big five leagues is closed, but that doesn't stop Transfer Talk from rummaging around about who will be moving where come January.
Mourinho scouts Milinkovic-Savic
Leaving his troubles far behind him, Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho was spotted in the crowd as Serbia beat rivals Montenegro 2-0 in Podgorica on Thursday evening.
According to The Sun, Mourinho made the scouting trip to personally run the rule over Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, a player linked with United several times in the past year or so.
Milinkovic-Savic put in an impressive performance and even laid on a goal as the home side coasted to a routine victory. Meanwhile. the United boss watched on intently from up in the terraces with his cap pulled down over his face.
The report also mentions that Milinkovic-Savic wasn't the only player on Mourinho's agenda, with special attention also paid to 20-year-old Serbian defender Nikola Milenkovic, currently on the books at Fiorentina.
Zlatan returning to Old Trafford?
Rumours are circulating that Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be heading back to Manchester United on loan when the transfer market reopens in January.
The veteran Swedish striker is looking to secure a return to Europe during the MLS off-season and the Manchester Evening News claim that Old Trafford is being entertained as a potential destination.
Ibrahimovic spent two successful seasons at United before leaving for LA Galaxy, scoring 29 goals in 53 appearances and playing an intrinsic role in the club's Europa League triumph in 2016-17.
Liverpool monitor Zielinski talks
ESPN's Gabriele Marcotti obtained a FIFA report revealing the biggest overhaul to the transfer system in decades. Are they finally serious about cleaning up football?
With help from former Tottenham and Liverpool director of football, Damien Comolli, we show you how a transfer works through Iain Macintosh's tale of fictional rising star Dave Thumper.
Liverpool are keeping an eye on the "thorny" contract negotiations taking place between Piotr Zielinski and his club Napoli, according to the Express.
The Serie A club are attempting to raise Zielinski's release clause from around £57 million up beyond the £100m mark -- a lofty valuation the player's representatives believe to be a little over-zealous.
The 24-year-old midfielder was heavily linked with a move to Anfield in 2016 but instead chose to leave Empoli for the Partenopei in a deal worth around £14m.
He has since nailed down a regular starting berth and thus seen his market value inflate accordingly, but that might not put Jurgen Klopp off making a second offer for the Polish international if talks reach an impasse.
However, the Reds run the risk of missing out on their man once again with the news that Juventus are also paying studious heed to the situation.
Everton after Nasri?
Everton are considering making a "shock" move to sign former Arsenal and Man City midfielder Sami Nasri.
The 31-year-old is a free agent after leaving Turkish club Antalyaspor in January but is also currently serving a 12-month drugs ban (which was back-dated) after being found guilty of a doping breach.
However, with his ban coming to an end very soon, the Daily Mail reckon that Toffees boss Marco Silva has discussed the possibility of bringing Nasri back to the Premier League thereafter.
-- Tuttomercato report that Barcelona are currently in negotiations with Ajax over three players, namely Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong and versatile midfielder Noussair Mazraoui, with the young trio valued at a combined €120m.
-- Roma are to offer an improved contract to Cengiz Under in the hope of warding off interest in the 21-year-old Turkish midfielder from both Bayern Munich and Man City, so say Calciomercato.
Latest Nigeria News
- INT VS MIL
- Mauro Icardi's late goal sees Inter past AC Milan in derby
- Inter 1-0 Milan: Icardi the derby hero again
- Atlanta United 2-1 Chicago Fire: Supporters' Shield within reach
- 'Hand of God' goal gives Dynamos priceless win
- Atlanta United beat Chicago Fire to secure CONCACAF Champions League spot
- Acosta sets up Rooney as D.C. United take the lead
- ATL VS CHI
- Chicago gifts Atlanta the lead back with own goal
- Chievo 1-5 Atalanta: Ilicic hat trick
- Juventus' Emre Can may need surgery on thyroid nodule
- Bologna 2-2 Torino: Bologna roar back
- Parma 0-2 Lazio: Lazio leave it late
- Chiefs advance in Telkom Knockout after shoot-out win
- Should Mourinho change his tactical approach?
- Everton snatch points with late goals after Crystal Palace penalty woe
- Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace: Toffees take 3 points
- Fiorentina 1-1 Cagliari: Fiorentina drop first home points
- Martial blast Man United level
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery: I wanted to bring Alexandre Lacazette to PSG
- Cristiano Ronaldo 7/10 as Juventus drop points for first time this season
- AFF Cup's importance to world football is growing with each edition
- Melbourne City's win despite 12 absentees shows 'tremendous amount of resilience' - Warren Joyce
- Keisuke Honda's Melbourne Victory debut delivers welcome boost for A-League
- Phoenix 2 - 1 Jets: VAR helps Wellington edge Newcastle
- Usain Bolt offered full-time Central Coast Mariners contract - agent
- Roar 1 - 1 Mariners: Wasteful Brisbane make do with draw
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester City join chase for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake
- Anthony Martial insists relationship with Jose Mourinho is good
- Zlatan reminds SVP of his God-like status
- CHE VS MAN
- Victory 1 - 2 City: City win controversial derby
- CHE VS MAN
- Ola Aina backs John Terry to be a coaching hit at Aston Villa
- Real Madrid avoid setting new goal-drought record in home defeat to Levante
- Martial curler puts Man United ahead
- Last-gasp Ross Barkley strike saves point for Chelsea against Manchester United
- Chelsea equaliser sparks Mourinho melee
- Real Madrid defence suffer as Raphael Varane 3/10, Sergio Ramos 4/10 stand out
- New boss Henry sees Monaco slump to 2-1 Strasbourg defeat