Investigators questioned one of Belgium's most influential football agents on Thursday, a day after senior figures were detained on suspicion of fraud and possible match-fixing in the country's top flight.
Mogi Bayat, a high profile figure who has brokered a series of player transfers in the country, faced questions on Thursday morning, his lawyer said.
Belgian police raided 44 Belgian clubs and residences across the country on Wednesday, while a further 13 searches took place in France, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia.
The lawyer of former Anderlecht general manager Herman Van Holsbeeck told broadcaster RTL his client had been released on Wednesday after giving information about transfers and contracts. Ivan Leko, the coach of Brugge, was also questioned.
A statement from Brugge said: "We have nothing to hide. Everything is pure. Of course, we are cooperating. The investigators wanted to inspect contracts and invoices, which we have given, which will show that everything is clean and in order."
Part of the investigation has focused on an extraordinary end to the regular season in Belgium's top division in 2017-18. Mechelen were relegated on goal difference after they won their final match 2-0, while Eupen scored four goals in the last 20 minutes against Royal Excel Mouscron to win 4-0 and survive relegation.
Latest Nigeria News
- INT VS MIL
- Mauro Icardi's late goal sees Inter past AC Milan in derby
- Inter 1-0 Milan: Icardi the derby hero again
- Atlanta United 2-1 Chicago Fire: Supporters' Shield within reach
- 'Hand of God' goal gives Dynamos priceless win
- Atlanta United beat Chicago Fire to secure CONCACAF Champions League spot
- Acosta sets up Rooney as D.C. United take the lead
- ATL VS CHI
- Chicago gifts Atlanta the lead back with own goal
- Chievo 1-5 Atalanta: Ilicic hat trick
- Juventus' Emre Can may need surgery on thyroid nodule
- Bologna 2-2 Torino: Bologna roar back
- Parma 0-2 Lazio: Lazio leave it late
- Chiefs advance in Telkom Knockout after shoot-out win
- Should Mourinho change his tactical approach?
- Everton snatch points with late goals after Crystal Palace penalty woe
- Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace: Toffees take 3 points
- Fiorentina 1-1 Cagliari: Fiorentina drop first home points
- Martial blast Man United level
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery: I wanted to bring Alexandre Lacazette to PSG
- Cristiano Ronaldo 7/10 as Juventus drop points for first time this season
- AFF Cup's importance to world football is growing with each edition
- Melbourne City's win despite 12 absentees shows 'tremendous amount of resilience' - Warren Joyce
- Keisuke Honda's Melbourne Victory debut delivers welcome boost for A-League
- Phoenix 2 - 1 Jets: VAR helps Wellington edge Newcastle
- Usain Bolt offered full-time Central Coast Mariners contract - agent
- Roar 1 - 1 Mariners: Wasteful Brisbane make do with draw
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester City join chase for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake
- Anthony Martial insists relationship with Jose Mourinho is good
- Zlatan reminds SVP of his God-like status
- CHE VS MAN
- Victory 1 - 2 City: City win controversial derby
- CHE VS MAN
- Ola Aina backs John Terry to be a coaching hit at Aston Villa
- Real Madrid avoid setting new goal-drought record in home defeat to Levante
- Martial curler puts Man United ahead
- Last-gasp Ross Barkley strike saves point for Chelsea against Manchester United
- Chelsea equaliser sparks Mourinho melee
- Real Madrid defence suffer as Raphael Varane 3/10, Sergio Ramos 4/10 stand out
- New boss Henry sees Monaco slump to 2-1 Strasbourg defeat