Things change in the blink of an eye in football. The Football Whispers Index takes the latest transfer rumours and gives them a score out of five; the higher the score, the more realistic and reliable the Whisper.
Here are today's top five emerging whispers. And keep an eye on Transfer Talk for all the latest gossip.
Lucas Paqueta to AC Milan
AC Milan have beaten Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain to the £30.5m signing of Flamengo playmaker Paqueta with the 21-year-old to move to Italy in January. According to ESPN Brasil and various reports across Italy, sporting director Leonardo persuaded his countryman that Milan was the best option for him to make the next step in his career. Paqueta reportedly underwent a medical in Rio earlier this week having been with Flamengo since he was 11.
Divock Origi to Galatasaray
The Turkish giants have reportedly offered Origi the chance to play first-team football with the Belgian falling well down the pecking order at Liverpool. Galatasaray are keen to strengthen their squad in January in anticipation of reaching the Champions League round of 16 and are still on the hunt for a striker to replace Bafetimbi Gomis, who left in the summer. Turkish-Football.com reveal Origi is on the club's shortlist as a loan signing and would be eligible for European competition as he isn't in the Reds' Champions League squad.
Christian Eriksen to Real Madrid
Madrid have reportedly identified Tottenham playmaker Eriksen as the heir apparent to Luka Modric at the Bernabeu. Along with Neymar, Eriksen is Los Blancos' major transfer target for next summer as the club are mindful they could either lose Modric at the end of the season and that the Croatian is now 33 so his influence could soon wane. Sport claim that former Barcelona target Eriksen is a higher transfer priority for Madrid than Chelsea's Eden Hazard.
Matthijs de Ligt to Barcelona
Barca have already opened negotiations with De Ligt over a transfer next summer with the 19-year-old defender reported to favour a move to the club over all his various suitors. Mundo Deportivo detail how Barca want De Ligt to help ease Gerard Pique's workload as a right-sided centre-back and also be his long-term successor. De Ligt is a boyhood Barca fan and believes their style, which is similar to Ajax's, can help him adapt to life in Spain.
Raheem Sterling to Real Madrid
Sterling's contract impasse at Manchester City is being closely monitored by Real Madrid, according to ESPN. The winger's deal at the Etihad Stadium runs until 2020 and talks have shown little sign of progress in recent weeks. Madrid are keeping an eye on events as Sterling's value could rapidly decrease next year if he fails to reach an agreement. The England international has also previously admitted a desire to one day play abroad, particularly in Spain.
Latest Nigeria News
- INT VS MIL
- Mauro Icardi's late goal sees Inter past AC Milan in derby
- Inter 1-0 Milan: Icardi the derby hero again
- Atlanta United 2-1 Chicago Fire: Supporters' Shield within reach
- 'Hand of God' goal gives Dynamos priceless win
- Atlanta United beat Chicago Fire to secure CONCACAF Champions League spot
- Acosta sets up Rooney as D.C. United take the lead
- ATL VS CHI
- Chicago gifts Atlanta the lead back with own goal
- Chievo 1-5 Atalanta: Ilicic hat trick
- Juventus' Emre Can may need surgery on thyroid nodule
- Bologna 2-2 Torino: Bologna roar back
- Parma 0-2 Lazio: Lazio leave it late
- Chiefs advance in Telkom Knockout after shoot-out win
- Should Mourinho change his tactical approach?
- Everton snatch points with late goals after Crystal Palace penalty woe
- Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace: Toffees take 3 points
- Fiorentina 1-1 Cagliari: Fiorentina drop first home points
- Martial blast Man United level
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery: I wanted to bring Alexandre Lacazette to PSG
- Cristiano Ronaldo 7/10 as Juventus drop points for first time this season
- AFF Cup's importance to world football is growing with each edition
- Melbourne City's win despite 12 absentees shows 'tremendous amount of resilience' - Warren Joyce
- Keisuke Honda's Melbourne Victory debut delivers welcome boost for A-League
- Phoenix 2 - 1 Jets: VAR helps Wellington edge Newcastle
- Usain Bolt offered full-time Central Coast Mariners contract - agent
- Roar 1 - 1 Mariners: Wasteful Brisbane make do with draw
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester City join chase for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake
- Anthony Martial insists relationship with Jose Mourinho is good
- Zlatan reminds SVP of his God-like status
- CHE VS MAN
- Victory 1 - 2 City: City win controversial derby
- CHE VS MAN
- Ola Aina backs John Terry to be a coaching hit at Aston Villa
- Real Madrid avoid setting new goal-drought record in home defeat to Levante
- Martial curler puts Man United ahead
- Last-gasp Ross Barkley strike saves point for Chelsea against Manchester United
- Chelsea equaliser sparks Mourinho melee
- Real Madrid defence suffer as Raphael Varane 3/10, Sergio Ramos 4/10 stand out
- New boss Henry sees Monaco slump to 2-1 Strasbourg defeat