Things change in the blink of an eye in football. The Football Whispers Index takes the latest transfer rumours and gives them a score out of five; the higher the score, the more realistic and reliable the Whisper.
Here are today's top five emerging whispers. And keep an eye on Transfer Talk for all the latest gossip.
Lucas Paqueta to AC Milan
AC Milan have beaten Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain to the £30.5m signing of Flamengo playmaker Paqueta with the 21-year-old to move to Italy in January. According to ESPN Brasil and various reports across Italy, sporting director Leonardo persuaded his countryman that Milan was the best option for him to make the next step in his career. Paqueta reportedly underwent a medical in Rio earlier this week having been with Flamengo since he was 11.
Divock Origi to Galatasaray
The Turkish giants have reportedly offered Origi the chance to play first-team football with the Belgian falling well down the pecking order at Liverpool. Galatasaray are keen to strengthen their squad in January in anticipation of reaching the Champions League round of 16 and are still on the hunt for a striker to replace Bafetimbi Gomis, who left in the summer. Turkish-Football.com reveal Origi is on the club's shortlist as a loan signing and would be eligible for European competition as he isn't in the Reds' Champions League squad.
Christian Eriksen to Real Madrid
Madrid have reportedly identified Tottenham playmaker Eriksen as the heir apparent to Luka Modric at the Bernabeu. Along with Neymar, Eriksen is Los Blancos' major transfer target for next summer as the club are mindful they could either lose Modric at the end of the season and that the Croatian is now 33 so his influence could soon wane. Sport claim that former Barcelona target Eriksen is a higher transfer priority for Madrid than Chelsea's Eden Hazard.
Matthijs de Ligt to Barcelona
Barca have already opened negotiations with De Ligt over a transfer next summer with the 19-year-old defender reported to favour a move to the club over all his various suitors. Mundo Deportivo detail how Barca want De Ligt to help ease Gerard Pique's workload as a right-sided centre-back and also be his long-term successor. De Ligt is a boyhood Barca fan and believes their style, which is similar to Ajax's, can help him adapt to life in Spain.
Raheem Sterling to Real Madrid
Sterling's contract impasse at Manchester City is being closely monitored by Real Madrid, according to ESPN. The winger's deal at the Etihad Stadium runs until 2020 and talks have shown little sign of progress in recent weeks. Madrid are keeping an eye on events as Sterling's value could rapidly decrease next year if he fails to reach an agreement. The England international has also previously admitted a desire to one day play abroad, particularly in Spain.
Latest Nigeria News
- Shaka's top five goalkeepers in the world
- Transfer Rater: Gunners going for defence
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona
- Tottenham confirm home match with Manchester United to be played at Wembley
- Liverpool's Joel Matip out six weeks with broken collarbone
- Luciano Spalletti carries the can for Inter's Champions League implosion
- Chelsea's 2012 Champions League commemorative jersey unveiled to unfavourable reviews
- Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles: I suffered racial abuse when I was 12
- Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths to take time out from football
- Wayne Rooney's visit to White House with President Trump's son 'apolitical' - source
- Emery confirms Koscielny's return against Qarabag
- Manchester United's Shola Shoretire, 14, youngest player in UEFA Youth League
- Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari and Gareth Bale could leave Bernabeu - John Toshack
- PSG finish top of Champions League group by putting in the 'invisible work' and playing as a team
- Van Dijk hails Alisson's Liverpool heroics
- Tuchel: Champions League shows PSG can handle pressure
- Pochettino: Spurs achieved 'mission impossible' to reach UCL knockouts
- Mourinho: Pogba needs a response to being dropped
- Fenerbahce president scraps players' flights after defeat deepens relegation worries - source
- Klopp 'full of adrenaline' after Napoli win
- Allegri: Chiellini injures himself just by looking at artificial turf
- Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk believes challenge on Napoli's Dries Mertens was fair
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Kovac: Bayern must end negativity with Ajax win
- Mourinho 'unaware' of agent's statement
- Red Star Belgrade gets loud support from tennis star Novak Djokovic
- PSG's Thomas Tuchel lauds team for finishing top of Champions League group
- 'Proud' Central Coast Mariners determined to avoid worst A-League start record
- Barbarouses backs Troisi and Antonis for Asian Cup
- Melbourne Victory's Keisuke Honda, Natasha Dowie win PFA Player of the Month awards
- Kylian Mbappe 8/10 as Paris Saint-Germain defeat Red Star to clinch top spot
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United's Marcus Rashford an AC Milan target
- Extra Time: Happy Birthday, Steve Nicol!
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has 'no words' for Alisson save vs. Napoli
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Liverpool and Tottenham progress in UCL
- Tottenham's result against Barcelona never 'mission impossible' - Mauricio Pochettino
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Cruz Azul
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Club America
- New York Red Bulls sign defender Tim Parker to three-year deal - sources