Germany forward Leroy Sane has said criticism from teammate Toni Kroos is driving him on to improve.
Soon after being named the Premier League Young Player of the Year, Sane was axed from Germany's World Cup squad by Joachim Low following the pre-tournament training camp.
The 22-year-old Manchester City player returned to the Germany setup in September, but was criticised by teammate Toni Kroos, who said his body language sometimes made it seem as if Sane didn't care.
Addressing the media ahead of Germany's UEFA Nations League matches against Netherlands and World champions France, Sane said that he has accepted the criticism and hopes it will make him better.
ESPN has reached an agreement with UEFA for the rights to the UEFA European Football Championship 2020 and all UEFA national team matches between 2018 and 2022 broadcast in the United States. | Schedule
It is a competition between the 55 member nations of UEFA, split into four "Leagues." The strongest nations are in League A, and the weakest in League D. Find out everything you need to know.
"If I play bad, then it's not like I don't care," Sane said. "I always want us to win our games. It's OK for me that it might look different for other people. I also respect it when criticism is addressed personally. I'll then try to work on it.
"I don't have any problem with criticism. It's an incentive to refine myself."
Sane said he was "disappointed" to have missed out on the World Cup, but he used the time off to think "about how to improve myself in all areas."
Latest Nigeria News
- INT VS MIL
- Mauro Icardi's late goal sees Inter past AC Milan in derby
- Inter 1-0 Milan: Icardi the derby hero again
- Atlanta United 2-1 Chicago Fire: Supporters' Shield within reach
- 'Hand of God' goal gives Dynamos priceless win
- Atlanta United beat Chicago Fire to secure CONCACAF Champions League spot
- Acosta sets up Rooney as D.C. United take the lead
- ATL VS CHI
- Chicago gifts Atlanta the lead back with own goal
- Chievo 1-5 Atalanta: Ilicic hat trick
- Juventus' Emre Can may need surgery on thyroid nodule
- Bologna 2-2 Torino: Bologna roar back
- Parma 0-2 Lazio: Lazio leave it late
- Chiefs advance in Telkom Knockout after shoot-out win
- Should Mourinho change his tactical approach?
- Everton snatch points with late goals after Crystal Palace penalty woe
- Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace: Toffees take 3 points
- Fiorentina 1-1 Cagliari: Fiorentina drop first home points
- Martial blast Man United level
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery: I wanted to bring Alexandre Lacazette to PSG
- Cristiano Ronaldo 7/10 as Juventus drop points for first time this season
- AFF Cup's importance to world football is growing with each edition
- Melbourne City's win despite 12 absentees shows 'tremendous amount of resilience' - Warren Joyce
- Keisuke Honda's Melbourne Victory debut delivers welcome boost for A-League
- Phoenix 2 - 1 Jets: VAR helps Wellington edge Newcastle
- Usain Bolt offered full-time Central Coast Mariners contract - agent
- Roar 1 - 1 Mariners: Wasteful Brisbane make do with draw
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Manchester City join chase for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake
- Anthony Martial insists relationship with Jose Mourinho is good
- Zlatan reminds SVP of his God-like status
- CHE VS MAN
- Victory 1 - 2 City: City win controversial derby
- CHE VS MAN
- Ola Aina backs John Terry to be a coaching hit at Aston Villa
- Real Madrid avoid setting new goal-drought record in home defeat to Levante
- Martial curler puts Man United ahead
- Last-gasp Ross Barkley strike saves point for Chelsea against Manchester United
- Chelsea equaliser sparks Mourinho melee
- Real Madrid defence suffer as Raphael Varane 3/10, Sergio Ramos 4/10 stand out
- New boss Henry sees Monaco slump to 2-1 Strasbourg defeat