Germany forward Leroy Sane has said criticism from teammate Toni Kroos is driving him on to improve.
Soon after being named the Premier League Young Player of the Year, Sane was axed from Germany's World Cup squad by Joachim Low following the pre-tournament training camp.
The 22-year-old Manchester City player returned to the Germany setup in September, but was criticised by teammate Toni Kroos, who said his body language sometimes made it seem as if Sane didn't care.
Addressing the media ahead of Germany's UEFA Nations League matches against Netherlands and World champions France, Sane said that he has accepted the criticism and hopes it will make him better.
ESPN has reached an agreement with UEFA for the rights to the UEFA European Football Championship 2020 and all UEFA national team matches between 2018 and 2022 broadcast in the United States. | Schedule
It is a competition between the 55 member nations of UEFA, split into four "Leagues." The strongest nations are in League A, and the weakest in League D. Find out everything you need to know.
"If I play bad, then it's not like I don't care," Sane said. "I always want us to win our games. It's OK for me that it might look different for other people. I also respect it when criticism is addressed personally. I'll then try to work on it.
"I don't have any problem with criticism. It's an incentive to refine myself."
Sane said he was "disappointed" to have missed out on the World Cup, but he used the time off to think "about how to improve myself in all areas."
Latest Nigeria News
- Shaka's top five goalkeepers in the world
- Transfer Rater: Gunners going for defence
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona
- Tottenham confirm home match with Manchester United to be played at Wembley
- Liverpool's Joel Matip out six weeks with broken collarbone
- Luciano Spalletti carries the can for Inter's Champions League implosion
- Chelsea's 2012 Champions League commemorative jersey unveiled to unfavourable reviews
- Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles: I suffered racial abuse when I was 12
- Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths to take time out from football
- Wayne Rooney's visit to White House with President Trump's son 'apolitical' - source
- Emery confirms Koscielny's return against Qarabag
- Manchester United's Shola Shoretire, 14, youngest player in UEFA Youth League
- Real Madrid coach Santiago Solari and Gareth Bale could leave Bernabeu - John Toshack
- PSG finish top of Champions League group by putting in the 'invisible work' and playing as a team
- Van Dijk hails Alisson's Liverpool heroics
- Tuchel: Champions League shows PSG can handle pressure
- Pochettino: Spurs achieved 'mission impossible' to reach UCL knockouts
- Mourinho: Pogba needs a response to being dropped
- Fenerbahce president scraps players' flights after defeat deepens relegation worries - source
- Klopp 'full of adrenaline' after Napoli win
- Allegri: Chiellini injures himself just by looking at artificial turf
- Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk believes challenge on Napoli's Dries Mertens was fair
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Kovac: Bayern must end negativity with Ajax win
- Mourinho 'unaware' of agent's statement
- Red Star Belgrade gets loud support from tennis star Novak Djokovic
- PSG's Thomas Tuchel lauds team for finishing top of Champions League group
- 'Proud' Central Coast Mariners determined to avoid worst A-League start record
- Barbarouses backs Troisi and Antonis for Asian Cup
- Melbourne Victory's Keisuke Honda, Natasha Dowie win PFA Player of the Month awards
- Kylian Mbappe 8/10 as Paris Saint-Germain defeat Red Star to clinch top spot
- Transfer Talk: Manchester United's Marcus Rashford an AC Milan target
- Extra Time: Happy Birthday, Steve Nicol!
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has 'no words' for Alisson save vs. Napoli
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea look to Barcelona's 'other' Suarez to replace Fabregas
- Liverpool and Tottenham progress in UCL
- Tottenham's result against Barcelona never 'mission impossible' - Mauricio Pochettino
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Cruz Azul
- What you need to know about 2018 Liga MX Apertura finalists Club America
- New York Red Bulls sign defender Tim Parker to three-year deal - sources