The English transfer window is closed, but the rest of Europe is still open for business, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow along with our daily blog throughout the summer.
When does the transfer window close in the top European leagues?
All completed moves: Prem | Champ | La Liga | Serie A | Bundesliga | Ligue 1
City plot Neves swoop
Manchester City lost out to Chelsea in the race to sign Jorginho this summer, but now appear to have identified their next target to upgrade their midfield: Ruben Neves.
The Wolves star inspired the club to promotion last term and has already impressed in the Premier League, meaning it will take a monster fee to prize him away from Molineux.
The Sun believes City will consider making a £60 million offer for the 21-year-old to ease their reliance on Fernandinho.
Pep Guardiola will want to safeguard Man City's Premier League title defence as well as adding depth ahead of their bid to finally crack Europe.
Barca shelve Pogba plans until next summer
Barcelona have been forced to shelve their plans to sign Paul Pogba until the summer of 2019.
The Express claims Barca have reluctantly conceded defeat this summer with Manchester United unwilling to entertain the prospect of a sale without the ability to bring in a replacement.
United will also reject any January advances, meaning the Spanish champions will have to wait another year to acquire the World Cup winner.
By that point Pogba will have two years remaining on his deal, but even then, with United having the option to extend his contract by a further year, they will hold a strong bargaining position.
Spurs set Rose price tag
Tottenham have slapped a £22.4m price tag on Danny Rose as Paris Saint-Germain consider a move before the end of August.
The England full-back has been displaced with club and country and Mauricio Pochettino is even willing to let the player leave before the end of the month despite Spurs' inability to bring in a replacement before January.
Paris United reports that there are some concerns surrounding the condition of Rose's knee.
Thomas Tuchel played youngster Colin Dagba out of position at left-back in Saturday's 3-1 win at Guingamp. And the German boss would reportedly prefer to target Bayer Leverkusen star Wendell or Augsburg's Philipp Max to upgrade at he position.
Barca, PSG 'meet over proposed swap deal'
Barcelona's Josep Maria Bartomeu and PSG's Nasser Al Khelaifi have reportedly met in Madrid over a possible blockbuster swap deal before the transfer deadline.
The European giants' supremos are believed to have discussed the terms of a swap deal involving Adrien Rabiot and Ousmane Dembele.
Both men were seen leaving the same Madrid hotel, claims AS, less than two hours apart.
And after snapping up Malcom, Barca could sacrifice the French forward to bolster their midfield ranks with the unsettled Rabiot.
- Bayer Leverkusen head coach Heiko Herrlich has confirmed Benjamin Heinrichs is eager to leave the German club this month. Kicker claims that Monaco are interested in the full-back.
- Tottenham are considering a £10m cut-price move for Kieran Tierney with Everton also keen. The Mirror reports Spurs walked away from a potential move this summer after being told of the 21-year-old's £20m price tag, but after suffering the financial blow of failing to qualify for the Champions League, the Bhoys could be under more pressure to sell.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ronaldo penalty puts Juventus ahead
- Moreno: Pogba should play vs. Liverpool
- Torino 0-1 Juventus: Ronaldo wins Turin derby
- Dortmund's Marco Reus plays like 'Ferrari' in middle of field - Nuri Sahin
- Karim Benzema nets early winner as Real Madrid edge Rayo Vallecano
- Modric shows off Ballon d'Or in 8/10 showing as Madrid hold on vs. Rayo
- Real Madrid boss Santi Solari plays down supporters' whistles and boos
- Spurs scrape win, City back on top
- Fulham 0-2 West Ham: Hammers continue winning ways
- Heracles 0-3 PSV: PSV take care of business
- Crystal Palace 1-0 Leicester: Milivojevic stunner
- Tottenham 1-0 Burnley: Eriksen rescues Spurs
- Huddersfield 0-1 Newcastle: Rondon leads the way
- Wolves 2-0 Bournemouth: Jiménez on target
- Barcelona's Dembele, Coutinho dilemma an 'advantage' - Valverde
- Smalling signs new Man United contract through to 2022
- Icardi puts Inter up with Panenka
- Watford 3-2 Cardiff: Thriller at Vicarage Road
- Inter 1-0 Udinese: Cheeky Icardi wins it
- Mauro Icardi's Panenka penalty gives Inter Milan win over Udinese
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Arsenal to snap up Barcelona's Denis Suarez to replace Aaron Ramsey?
- Liverpool legend John Arne Riise: I'd rather play for Jurgen Klopp than Jose Mourinho
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino gets ASEAN backing for re-election
- Liverpool keeper Alisson: Napoli save was like scoring winning goal
- Does Liverpool-Man United have the makings of a dull match?
- Sheffield United 1-2 West Brom: Baggies up to 3rd
- Which Milan side had a worse week in Europe?
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery working on plan to solve centre-back crisis
- Toronto FC trades GK Clint Irwin to Colorado Rapids for 2019 draft pick
- Extra Time: Alisson vs. De Gea, and Adrian Healey push-ups
- ESPN FC Best of the Week
- David Villa posts emotional farewell to city of New York, NYCFC, fans ahead of his move to Japan
- Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Loftus-Cheek a loan target for West Ham, Bournemouth
- Burley: Mourinho's mentality is one of excuses
- La Liga Predictor: Can Real Madrid bounce back?
- Transfer Rater: Zidane to Premier League? Morata to Barca?
- Caleb Porter nearing Columbus Crew deal
- AEK Athens to reimburse Bayern Munich ¬32k for ticket-price violation as Greek FA fined
- AC Milan fined ¬12m by UEFA, threatened with one-year European ban
- Ex-Uruguay striker Sebastian 'Loco' Abreu extends world record, joins Brazil's Rio Branco