Roma are rivalling Manchester City for Australian teenage sensation Daniel Arzani, sources have told ESPN FC.
Melbourne City star Arzani is one of the hottest properties in world football after impressing for club and country during the last 12 months.
The skilful attacker burst onto the scene halfway through last season's A-League campaign and his performances saw him win a call-up to Australia's World Cup squad.
The 19-year-old was the youngest player at the World Cup and his featured in all three games during Australia's World Cup campaign.
Arzani made a positive impression during his cameo appearances at the World Cup and his performances have brought him to the attention of a number of Europe's top clubs.
Manchester City have been leading the race for Arzani as Melbourne City are the Premier League champions' sister club under the City Football Group umbrella.
City plan to sign Arzani and then possibly loan him out like they did with Aaron Mooy before eventually selling him to Huddersfield Town.
However, Roma are monitoring Arzani's situation at Melbourne City and they are ready to offer the forward a pathway to first-team football in the Italian capital.
Roma have shown they are shrewd operators in the transfer market having signed young talents like Justin Kluivert from Ajax this summer and they see Arzani as a potential star in the making.
Latest Nigeria News
- Messi ‘sees things others don’t’ says Barcelona coach
- Federer to clash with Djokovic in Cincy tennis final
- Halep beats Sabalenka to reach third Cincy final
- Messi, Coutinho get Barcelona off to winning start
- Man accused of hijacking plane extradited from Cyprus
- Sporting KC 3-0 Portland: Diego Rubio brace
- Houston 1-2 Real Salt Lake: RSL score two in stoppage
- San Jose 1-1 Toronto: Wondolowski scores
- Andre Gray scores for Watford
- Tarkowski levels it for Burnley
- Sergio Aguero lobs it over the keeper
- Gabriel Jesus quickly makes it two
- Sergio Aguero gives Man City 3-0 Lead
- Stankovic gets one back for Huddersfield
- Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic signs contract, joins Hertha Berlin on loan
- Germany should have defended Mesut Ozil from 'racist attacks' - DFB president
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on Naby Keita: We have no idea how good he can be
- Hungarian game delayed as player gets wedding ring stuck, loses starting XI spot
- Atletico's Antoine Griezmann and Karl-Anthony Towns do a Fortnite dance
- Guardiola: Mendy is important for Man City's locker room
- Man United's Jose Mourinho: Fred a 'positive influence,' Andreas Pereira has become more of a man
- Iwobi scores in Chelsea, Arsenal five-goal thriller
- Tears, fears as DSS occupation of glasshouse continues
- Ronaldo fails to score on Serie A debut
- PSG hero Kylian Mbappe: Neymar's a bigger superstar than I am
- Manchester City's Pep Guaridola won't hesitate to play Phil Foden: 'We trust him a lot'
- Transfer Talk: Manchester City plan £60 million swoop for Wolves' Ruben Neves
- Philadelphia Union improve playoff standing with shutout of New York City FC
- Daniel Royer earns draw vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, keeps New York Red Bulls' run alive
- Daniel Lovitz scores in stoppage-time as Montreal Impact edge the Chicago Fire
- Diego Rubio scores twice as Sporting Kansas City blank the Portland Timbers
- Albert Rusnak's brace helps Real Salt Lake stun the Houston Dynamo
- Chris Wondolowski's equalizer helps San Jose Earthquakes draw with Toronto FC
- FC Dallas remains atop West with shutout of Minnesota United
- Ronaldo fails to score in Juventus debut
- Chelsea beat Arsenal 3-2 in thrilling London derby
- Sarri salutes Chelsea’s winning mentality after ‘horrible’ spell
- Tight security as Ronaldo makes Serie A debut
- Kane ends goal drought as he scores for Tottenham Spurs
- Mbappe scores in first match for PSG after World Cup