Watford forward Stefan Okaka has rejected a possible call-up for the Super Eagles in favour of continuing to play for Italy, his country of birth.
The 27-year-old who was born in the Italian city of Castiglione de Lago to Nigerian parents has already played four times for the Italy.
Despite his caps Okaka is still eligible to play for Nigeria having appeared in only friendly games.
According to his brother and agent Charles Okaka, the who has established himself in Watford's starting line-up is now eyeing a place in the Italian squad.
Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
“Yet there have been no recent contact with (Gian Piero) Ventura but it’s obvious that the national team is among the next targets, ”Okaka told Tuttomercatoweb.com.
“Stefano knows that if one works in the right way, with determination, things come by themselves.”
Three years ago, Okaka, indicated that he was interested in representing Nigeria, but he was included in the Italy squad by then coach Antonio Conte.
Latest Nigeria News
- Terriers punish Lindelof, Mata
- Eagles, Argentina friendly for Nov.14
- Quadri, Assar crash out of W’Cup
- Americans use my Olymipic medal to motivate their kids — Yusuf-Olukoju
- Barcelona's Ernesto Valverde keeping faith in Luis Suarez despite misses
- Malaga's Luis Hernandez calls Barcelona's controversial opening goal 'absurd'
- Manchester United preparing January swoop for Valencia's Carlos Soler
- Barcelona win after controversial goal while Valencia thrash Sevilla
- Man City thrash Burnley 3-0
- Nigeria to play Argentina in November
- Mesut Ozil denies Man United links; Barca make final Philippe Coutinho bid
- Man Utd shocked by Huddersfield, City go 5 points clear, Chelsea beat Watford
- Chelsea still in title hunt with dramatic comeback win vs. Watford
- Antonio Conte insists he's not feeling pressure after Chelsea beat Watford
- Man United stunned at Huddersfield
- Jose Mourinho: Man United players must explain lack of desire in defeat
- WATCH: Burley reviews Saturday's action
- Pep Guardiola: Man City's five-point lead not 'significant' in October
- Aguero equals Man City scoring record
- ITTF World Cup: Quadri hopes to avoid World number one Ma Long
- Aruna Quadri crashes out of ITTF World Cup
- BREAKING: Man Utd lose 2-1 at Huddersfield
- English Premier League results
- Mourinho says he is judged harshly because of success
- Luis Suarez to sit out Uruguay friendlies
- Neymar a mentor for Mbappe at PSG says Marquinhos
- Chelsea losing at home to Watford
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez to miss Uruguay friendlies to aid knee recovery
- Diego Simeone: Atletico Madrid will find 'right path' amid struggles
- Barcelona won't leave Spain regardless of Catalonia situation - Bartomeu
- Zinedine Zidane hits back at Gary Lineker over Karim Benzema remarks
- Barcelona planning to offer Lionel Messi 'lifetime' contract - CEO Grau
- EPL: Talk is cheap as Wenger eyes more misery for Everton
- Broadcasters list
- N'Diaye: Mali's natural-born goalscore
- Champions League history can inspire Ahly
- Everton charged by UEFA, ban fan for punch at Lyon player
- Liverpool aren't '500 miles' behind quality of leaders Manchester City
- Olorunleke seeks Confed Cup success
- N4m for grabs at Katsina, Lagos badminton tourneys