Watford forward Stefan Okaka has rejected a possible call-up for the Super Eagles in favour of continuing to play for Italy, his country of birth.
The 27-year-old who was born in the Italian city of Castiglione de Lago to Nigerian parents has already played four times for the Italy.
Despite his caps Okaka is still eligible to play for Nigeria having appeared in only friendly games.
According to his brother and agent Charles Okaka, the who has established himself in Watford's starting line-up is now eyeing a place in the Italian squad.
Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
“Yet there have been no recent contact with (Gian Piero) Ventura but it’s obvious that the national team is among the next targets, ”Okaka told Tuttomercatoweb.com.
“Stefano knows that if one works in the right way, with determination, things come by themselves.”
Three years ago, Okaka, indicated that he was interested in representing Nigeria, but he was included in the Italy squad by then coach Antonio Conte.
Latest Nigeria News
- FA Cup win would not change Tottenham, Pochettino says
- Thiem stuns Djokovic to reach Monte Carlo quarter-finals
- FIFA punishes five clubs over player deals
- You deserve all my respect, Guardiola tells Man City players, staff
- PSG in contact with Paul Pogba agent over Manchester United transfer - source
- Wenger confident Wilshere will sign new Arsenal deal
- Chelsea’s Alonso gets three-match ban
- Wrestling: Nigeria’s Adekuoroye eyes more gold medal in world championship
- Atletico Madrid's Keidi Bare gets nine-game ban for foul-mouthed referee rant
- Spurs need FA Cup, Mourinho wants it more
- Arsenal's Arsene Wenger not concerned by empty seats, low attendance
- Transfer Rater: Christian Eriksen to Barcelona, Jack Wilshere to Wolves
- Barcelona vs. Real Madrid Camp Nou Clasico confirmed for May 6
- Premier League's most creative star to be honoured with new Playmaker award
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United too inconsistent to win Premier League
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo equals scoring record ahead of Champions League semifinal
- Sterling hungry for more after Man City Premier League win
- Igali secures Commonwealth wrestling post
- Onyekuru set to force his way into World Cup squad
- Amazons beat Pelican Stars 3-0
- 24 schools for Zenith Bank/Ikoyi Club swimming
- Poor showing: Nigeria set to lose continental football slots
- Mbappe scores brace as PSG seal French Cup final spot
- Parker fires back at regretting Joshua
- Coach demands 23 months’ salary from Saraki Boys
- Plateau Utd blame defenders
- Gor Mahia edge Supersport to reach group stage
- Video assistant referee decisions at World Cup to have written explanations
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho praises 'positive' display at Bournemouth
- Top-club Chelsea harder to manage than Burnley - Antonio Conte
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool target rising Wolverhampton star Ruben Neves
- 2018 World Cup: Pinnick promises Eagles $24m, if Nigeria wins
- Cech tells Gunners to set their sights on unbeaten run
- Man City could dominate for years, says Conte
- EPL: Man United back on track as Mourinho wields axe
- English Premier League table
- Hilal survive Uyo scare to go through with Enyimba
- Yanga seal spot despite Hawassa loss
- Rayon makes history with group stage berth
- Newcomers dominate group stage line-up