Watford forward Stefan Okaka has rejected a possible call-up for the Super Eagles in favour of continuing to play for Italy, his country of birth.
The 27-year-old who was born in the Italian city of Castiglione de Lago to Nigerian parents has already played four times for the Italy.
Despite his caps Okaka is still eligible to play for Nigeria having appeared in only friendly games.
According to his brother and agent Charles Okaka, the who has established himself in Watford's starting line-up is now eyeing a place in the Italian squad.
Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
“Yet there have been no recent contact with (Gian Piero) Ventura but it’s obvious that the national team is among the next targets, ”Okaka told Tuttomercatoweb.com.
“Stefano knows that if one works in the right way, with determination, things come by themselves.”
Three years ago, Okaka, indicated that he was interested in representing Nigeria, but he was included in the Italy squad by then coach Antonio Conte.
Latest Nigeria News
- Sevilla v Manchester United Champions League fact file
- Sergio Aguero clashes with Wigan fan on pitch, FA likely to investigate
- City must regroup from Wigan shock
- Cristiano Ronaldo nominated for Portuguese Player of the Year award
- Barcelona clash excites Chelsea boss
- Seun, Akuoma, Ngozi set for bobsleigh
- Falcons face Ghana in WAFU Cup semis
- Akeredolu rewards Ondo athletes with cash
- Moses, Oshoala win Aiteo/NFF awards
- City's complacency costs them
- Man United prioritise Real Madrid's Kroos as key summer transfer target
- Lionel Messi, Barcelona aren't invincible - Chelsea's Pedro
- Wigan end Man City's quadruple dreams
- Eintracht Frankfurt fans protest Monday game with tennis ball toss
- Pep Guardiola plays down tunnel row, accepts Fabian Delph red card
- Sergio Aguero appears to clash with Wigan fan on pitch
- Ivan Rakitic 'very' scared Andres Iniesta could leave Barcelona
- Champions League: Bayern give Heynckes selection headache
- Chelsea vs Barcelona Champions League fact file
- Real's win doesn't 'fix' their problems
- LIVE GameCast: Wigan vs. Man City
- Eden Hazard: I'm a 'completely different' player than Lionel Messi
- Antonio Conte: Chelsea are 'prepared to suffer' at Barcelona
- VAR to debut in Africa at Saturday’s Super Cup
- Youssef: Makassa can rewrite the books
- Kenya coach Put resigns after three months
- 100 volunteers quit Olympic, condemn assigned jobs
- VAR goes live for Total CAF Super Cup
- Ahmad, Infantino in Sao Tome
- Kano Pillars defender, Udoji dies in auto crash
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Cameroon, Ghana, join South Africa for Uruguay
- Simba expects tough Gendarmerie reverse
- Boisterous Kotoko eye CARA scalp
- Wolaitta Dicha hoping to breaks on Zimamoto in Hawassa
- Ghana Champions Aduana Stars READY For Al Tahaddy
- Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas: I speak to Barcelona friends less with game coming up
- Eden Hazard happy at Chelsea; leaves door open for exit amid Real Madrid, PSG links
- Transfer Rater: Marcos Rojo to PSG, Kalidou Koulibaly to Arsenal