- Nigerian striker Alex Iwobi could be out of Super Eagles friendlies against Burkina Faso and Senegal
- The Arsenal forward is down with sickness which forced him out of the Gunners' 5-1 home defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirmed that Iwobi has not recovered
There are strong indications that Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi could opt out of the Super Eagles friendly games against Senegal and Burkina Faso in March 2017 due to illness.
The 20-year-old Nigerian international is also doubtful for Arsenal's crucial FA Cup quarter final tie against Lincoln City on Saturday, March 11, 2017.
Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Alex Iwobi was not part of the Gunners' side that suffered an embarrassing 5-1 defeat in their return leg of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 tie at the Emirates against Bayern Munich and manager Arsene Wenger has hinted that he has not yet recovered.
''I believe that we have two uncertainties which is Welbeck who had to come off after the warm up against Bayern Munich and also Alex Iwobi who is also down with sickness,'' Wenger explained.
Meanwhile, there is no official statement from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as regards a possible replacement for Alex Iwobi should he decide to stay out of the two friendly games.
Latest Nigeria News
- Terriers punish Lindelof, Mata
- Eagles, Argentina friendly for Nov.14
- Quadri, Assar crash out of W’Cup
- Americans use my Olymipic medal to motivate their kids — Yusuf-Olukoju
- Barcelona's Ernesto Valverde keeping faith in Luis Suarez despite misses
- Malaga's Luis Hernandez calls Barcelona's controversial opening goal 'absurd'
- Manchester United preparing January swoop for Valencia's Carlos Soler
- Barcelona win after controversial goal while Valencia thrash Sevilla
- Man City thrash Burnley 3-0
- Nigeria to play Argentina in November
- Mesut Ozil denies Man United links; Barca make final Philippe Coutinho bid
- Man Utd shocked by Huddersfield, City go 5 points clear, Chelsea beat Watford
- Chelsea still in title hunt with dramatic comeback win vs. Watford
- Antonio Conte insists he's not feeling pressure after Chelsea beat Watford
- Man United stunned at Huddersfield
- Jose Mourinho: Man United players must explain lack of desire in defeat
- WATCH: Burley reviews Saturday's action
- Pep Guardiola: Man City's five-point lead not 'significant' in October
- Aguero equals Man City scoring record
- ITTF World Cup: Quadri hopes to avoid World number one Ma Long
- Aruna Quadri crashes out of ITTF World Cup
- BREAKING: Man Utd lose 2-1 at Huddersfield
- English Premier League results
- Mourinho says he is judged harshly because of success
- Luis Suarez to sit out Uruguay friendlies
- Neymar a mentor for Mbappe at PSG says Marquinhos
- Chelsea losing at home to Watford
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez to miss Uruguay friendlies to aid knee recovery
- Diego Simeone: Atletico Madrid will find 'right path' amid struggles
- Barcelona won't leave Spain regardless of Catalonia situation - Bartomeu
- Zinedine Zidane hits back at Gary Lineker over Karim Benzema remarks
- Barcelona planning to offer Lionel Messi 'lifetime' contract - CEO Grau
- EPL: Talk is cheap as Wenger eyes more misery for Everton
- Broadcasters list
- N'Diaye: Mali's natural-born goalscore
- Champions League history can inspire Ahly
- Everton charged by UEFA, ban fan for punch at Lyon player
- Liverpool aren't '500 miles' behind quality of leaders Manchester City
- Olorunleke seeks Confed Cup success
- N4m for grabs at Katsina, Lagos badminton tourneys