- Nigerian striker Alex Iwobi could be out of Super Eagles friendlies against Burkina Faso and Senegal
- The Arsenal forward is down with sickness which forced him out of the Gunners' 5-1 home defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirmed that Iwobi has not recovered
There are strong indications that Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi could opt out of the Super Eagles friendly games against Senegal and Burkina Faso in March 2017 due to illness.
The 20-year-old Nigerian international is also doubtful for Arsenal's crucial FA Cup quarter final tie against Lincoln City on Saturday, March 11, 2017.
Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Alex Iwobi was not part of the Gunners' side that suffered an embarrassing 5-1 defeat in their return leg of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 tie at the Emirates against Bayern Munich and manager Arsene Wenger has hinted that he has not yet recovered.
''I believe that we have two uncertainties which is Welbeck who had to come off after the warm up against Bayern Munich and also Alex Iwobi who is also down with sickness,'' Wenger explained.
Meanwhile, there is no official statement from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as regards a possible replacement for Alex Iwobi should he decide to stay out of the two friendly games.
Latest Nigeria News
- FIFA threatens to bar Spain from World Cup
- Morata cannot be compared to Drogba – Conte
- Ligue 1: Neymar ready to face Rennes says Emery
- NBB of C endorses Anthony Joshua’s planned homecoming
- AC Milan faces UEFA financial fair-play penalties
- Walker needs brains, says Guardiola
- Premier League weekend team news: Injuries and suspensions update
- Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid's Club World Cup final vs. Gremo is '50/50'
- Mkhitaryan future doubt after Mou row
- Record-breaker Guardiola relishes Tottenham test
- Man United’s Bailly set for ankle surgery
- Jose Mourinho open to adding to Manchester United squad in January
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City can still get 'much, much better'
- Poch's plan to stop City juggernaut
- Kylian Mbappe, ‘the revelation of football’ — Maradona
- BREAKING: Brazilian football chief, Del Nero, given 90-day ban
- Valencia confident Manchester United won't recall Andreas Pereira in January
- Transfer Rater: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, Willian to Manchester United
- Not a problem if Antoine Griezmann asks to leave Atletico - Diego Simeone
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho says Eric Bailly out for two to three months
- Wenger desperate for win in race for Champions League places
- Five things to look out for in La Liga
- WATCH: Premier League in 90 seconds
- Romelu Lukaku right not to celebrate goal against Bournemouth - Phil Neville
- Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez not thinking about Real Madrid return
- Manchester City to set to sign a centre-back in January - sources
- Wenger: No Ozil move to Man United in January, Wilshere talks to come
- Man City can match 'Invincibles' but Arsenal did it without money - Wenger
- Can Spurs get at Man City?
- Man City on top of Power Rankings
- Tottenham can outplay Manchester City - Harry Winks
- Man United eye Chelsea's Willian, expecting winter Mkhitaryan bids
- Dominic Solanke: 'Annoying' that ref changed his mind on Liverpool goal
- Man City chasing Bayern for longest winning run in Europe's top 5 leagues
- Oliver Kahn regrets not signing for Man United from Bayern Munich
- FA wants Man United's Jose Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Ogun moves to save MKO, Muda Lawal stadiums
- FA asks Mourinho to explain pre-derby comments
- Mourinho reveals Bailly could be out for season
- Manchester City hailed as Premier League greats