Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has left his players guessing on who can make the final cut in the 23-man squad for the African Nations Championships holding in South Africa.
At the moment not even the established players like Chigozie Agbim, Sunday Mba, Solomon Kwambe, Gambo Mohammed, Benjamin Francis and Azubuike Egwuekwe are sure of shirts as Keshi made it clear that only the fittest and the best as shown in training and practice matches will be picked for the tournament.
The team will from today train twice daily as battle for the final squad to the 2014 CHAN gathers momentum.
The home-based Eagles trained once a day last week, but coach Stephen Keshi said there was little time left to prune down the present squad from 30 players to 23, hence the need to intensify training and get the best out of the players in camp.
It’s expected that by the end of the week the team would have been pruned down in preparation for departure to South Africa in the first week of January.
The team have also shifted their training site from the FIFA Goal Project arena to the training pitch of the Abuja National Stadium, to get used to natural turf which organisers of CHAN 2014 will use for the tournament.
Latest Nigeria News
- Things have to change if trophies are to come, says Benitez
- I always believe nobody is better than me, says Ronaldo
- Facts and figures
- Emam, Fish & Gilberto named Ambassadors for Interclubs
- Total CL & CC official draw: broadcasters list
- Kehinde targets unbreakable Paralympic world record
- Akwa v Heartland: Dana promises fans
- Bruno gives Joshua tactical advice for Parker fight
- 2018 could be my last World Cup – Messi
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool set to reject Salah transfer bids from Real, Barca
- Salah leads four-goal phenoms
- NBBF crisis: We’re not afraid of fresh poll – Kida group
- Onazi set for Poland
- 2018 Milo basketball hots up
- Del Potro ends Federer unbeaten run
- Golden League athletes battle AFN over unfulfilled promises
- Pogba can’t be happy at Man United – Deschamps
- Paul Pogba 'cannot be happy' with his situation at Manchester United - Didier Deschamps
- Fiorentina rename training ground after Davide Astori
- Lyon face European ban after UEFA charges
- Former African champions ASEC, V Club flop at home
- Amazing Salah scales new heights with four-goal salvo
- Why Mourinho keeps talking
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah flattered by Lionel Messi comparison
- Lionel Messi hints 2018 could be his last chance to win World Cup
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi: Chocolates and fizzy drinks made me throw up
- Commonwealth Games: Nigeria to leave for Australia March 24
- Joel Obi fit to play for Eagles, says Yusuf
- Man United extend Young’s contract to 2019
- Mohamed Salah leads Lionel Messi in race for European Golden Shoe
- Cristiano Ronaldo 'scores goals, and always will' - Zinedine Zidane
- Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent - PSG's Marco Verratti
- Mourinho eyes Man United clear-out
- Transfer Rater: Wilfred Ndidi to Liverpool, Phil Foden to Real Madrid
- Van Gaal: Man United failed in Lewandowski bid; players were unprofessional
- Man United will back Jose Mourinho to build a team and create 'heritage'... for now
- Mohamed Salah up against Kevin De Bruyne, Harry Kane for Player of Year - Wijnaldum
- Salah dominates, Mourinho rants
- Ramirez claims super lightweight belt
- Eagles to hit Wroclaw for Poland